Wiki Posts
Search

Do Above & Beyond certs expire?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:15 am
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Do Above & Beyond certs expire?

I am no longer preferred, but still travel occasionally on US Airways flights. I have a lot of A&B's left. Can I still use them, even though I am no longer preferred? Also, can they be used on Republic flights? Thanks.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:27 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by techsman
I am no longer preferred, but still travel occasionally on US Airways flights. I have a lot of A&B's left. Can I still use them, even though I am no longer preferred? Also, can they be used on Republic flights? Thanks.
I don't think they expire, although they do look slightly different every year. I've used "last season's" on a number of occasions, and they're still met with honest appreciation from the recipient.

Although Republic staff will appreciate the gesture, as I understand it, it's only the mainline staff that get to enter them in the draw for prizes.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 8:43 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AAdvantage
Thank you for the information.
Old Jun 28, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: None
One thing. Republic is handled by mainline at the hubs and select other stations so mainline agents work their flights there and can participate in the drawing for prizes. While less likely to get A&B certs, ramp/mechanic/baggage is also handled by mainline at those places also.

Jim
Old Jun 29, 2014, 7:07 am

Jim,

Slight revision; Republic has their own maintenance staff in CLT (as do some of the other non-wholly owned express providers). Mainline still gets all the rest of the operation for ramp/gate/catering.
Old Jun 30, 2014, 5:16 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by techsman
In a few cases where I have had outstanding service on a Republic flight, I have emailed their customer relations dept at [email protected], giving them the flight info and FA name, and gotten a personal reply letting me know that my message would be passed on to the FA's inflight manager. I figured that might be a better way to make sure the word gets passed along than the A&B cert.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.