Dog Poop Causes Emergency Landing: 598 LAX-PHL

Old Jun 1, 14, 6:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Lifetime Plat, IHG Gold
My mother has a service dog. A "real" one. I don't think she's ever flown with him.

However, if she did, i think she would be smart enough to not fly a trans-con non-stop with him. I would think an LAX-ORD / ORD-PHL routing with enough of a layover for a "pit stop" for the pooch would be more appropriate. Just my 2 cents.
Old Jun 1, 14, 8:33 pm

Programs: Airline Free agent DL AA 2m+milesMarriott Lifetime Titanium, Avis likes me
Originally Posted by Cargojon View Post
My mother has a service dog. A "real" one. I don't think she's ever flown with him.

However, if she did, i think she would be smart enough to not fly a trans-con non-stop with him. I would think an LAX-ORD / ORD-PHL routing with enough of a layover for a "pit stop" for the pooch would be more appropriate. Just my 2 cents.
I think your mother gives a poop. ^^
Old Jun 2, 14, 9:46 am

Programs: AA EXP/CK 2M+
Although not confirmed this is the case here, I think this proliferation of phony "service" animals is disgusting. As with all things the mooches take advantage of a system designed for those with legitimate needs.

Reminds me of a guy I saw park in a handicapped spot at my local train station, then *run* up the platform, up, over across and down an overpass! and then on to the train, approximately 200 yards.
Old Jun 2, 14, 6:19 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Originally Posted by phil_flyer View Post
Although not confirmed this is the case here, I think this proliferation of phony "service" animals is disgusting. As with all things the mooches take advantage of a system designed for those with legitimate needs.

Reminds me of a guy I saw park in a handicapped spot at my local train station, then *run* up the platform, up, over across and down an overpass! and then on to the train, approximately 200 yards.
Ethical handicaps may not be visible when running.
Old Jun 3, 14, 9:51 am

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by phil_flyer View Post
Here's my experience with those types of shenanigans...

Several years ago, when I boarded PHL-PHX, the guy next to me was removed from the exit row seat because the FA noticed that the pax had a cane. The pax became quite angry and even said that he would jump up and down to "prove" that he didn't have a handicap. The FA put the pax in a non-exit row anyway, and the pax was pissed.

When we landed at PHX, the same pax already had a special buggy waiting for him.
Old Jun 4, 14, 1:08 am

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I use a cane, and, yes, I am denied exit row seating. I accept this. Anyone who is impared should not be the the exit row. Recently, on another airline, I was told I was "too old" for the exit row, then they saw my cane. I guess two strikes. I do not like people seeking special treatment when not needed. I would happily give up my cane and handicapped stickers, if I didn't need them.
Old Jun 4, 14, 10:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA 1K / *G / Marriott PE / Expedia Gold+ / Hertz PC
Originally Posted by relangford View Post
I use a cane, and, yes, I am denied exit row seating. I accept this. Anyone who is impared should not be the the exit row. Recently, on another airline, I was told I was "too old" for the exit row, then they saw my cane. I guess two strikes. I do not like people seeking special treatment when not needed. I would happily give up my cane and handicapped stickers, if I didn't need them.
A vet with prosthetic legs took to Twitter to air his grievances about being denied exit row.

On the OZ forum someone mentioned getting the boot for being too old as well.

Search this Thread