Search

USAirways.com Inventory Glitch?

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2014, 9:49 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
USAirways.com Inventory Glitch?

A part time role I have at my firm is travel manager, and that includes managing our corporate travel website through Egencia. I just got an email from one of my bosses telling me he's worried about the usefulness of Egencia because Egencia wanted him to pay $667 for the following flights:

June 7 CLT-BOS 2:20 PM US2002 - M Class
June 11 BOS-CLT 2:40 PM US1799 - N Class

I checked Travelocity and got similar pricing and looked at fare buckets on Expert Flyer and M and N were the lowest available fare buckets for those flights.

USAirways.com however sold him the ticket $213 in U class both ways, which I have also confirmed.

I checked a couple of other dates/routings on those sites and it appears to me that there is a glitch in the US Airways inventory either on USAirways.com or what they're publishing to the GDS and I would suspect that what they're publishing to the GDS is correct and that for some reason USAirways.com right now is selling tickets in fare buckets that their revenue management system doesn't really intend.

Any thoughts? Any Flyertalkers find this useful?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.