FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Sam Adams, Amaretto, & Cava for June 2014 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1578975-sam-adams-amaretto-cava-june-2014-a.html)

peetahvw May 21, 2014 1:30 pm

Sam Adams, Amaretto, & Cava for June 2014

Looks like another update to the onboard beverages is coming in June.
http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace...june2014/#/222
  • Shock Top is out as the "craft" option, Sam Adams is in.
  • Amaretto Di Saronna is being added as a liquor.
  • Charles de Fere Cuvée Jean Louis is out as the sparkling wine, Delapierre Brut a Cava is in.

Also of note, in "Vodka" and "Gin" are now being labeled generically (Previously Finlandia and Tanqueray respectively). I'm GUESSING that because Sam Adams & Ameretto is carried by AA, that we'll get AA's vodka and gin (Tito and Bombay Saphire respectively). Could we be getting Jim Beam, Miller and Corona which AA currently caters on US soon?

IAHtraveler May 21, 2014 6:06 pm

[*]Amaretto Di Saronno is being added as a liquor.
SWEET! UA dropped this to mainline flights in F only (and typically only 1/flight. They also started charging for itin the UCs. I couldn't be me more excited about US carrying it. Well, if it was free in their clubs I could be :D

EDnearJQF May 22, 2014 7:19 am

Bombay Sapphire is my (large market) favorite! This may get me in trouble.

sriegert May 22, 2014 10:02 am

I was wondering how they would reconcile the gin issue. One of the biggest obstacles in the merger. :D :)

Captain Flush May 24, 2014 1:08 pm

I am pleased to report that the Cava has already been loaded onto certain flights. :)

twa777 May 25, 2014 9:41 pm

On a similar line, the Stirrings mixers seem to be going or gone. I tried to order a mojito on my flight from CLT-MCO on Friday evening; the FA said they're being phased out and are only available now where stock hasn't run out. Sadness.

IAHtraveler Jun 18, 2014 8:00 pm

Anyone know the roll-out schedule for the RJ flights?

One FA said, "All the big planes pulled their old inventory and gave it to us. Once we run through that, then we will get the new liquors. But last time they changed alcohol, it took us over 3 years for us to use the old stuff before we got the new ones". Really?? I don't believe that for 1 second.

Then another FA yesterday said, "We should get the new stock on 7/1."

GotCalcio4 Jun 18, 2014 10:53 pm

Originally Posted by Captain Flush (Post 22918866)
I am pleased to report that the Cava has already been loaded onto certain flights. :)

I enjoy it too. But I've found that most FAs haven't a clue what it is or if they have it. I requested a sparkling wine the other day, and got the common response of "we don't have any of that, but I did see a split of champagne up there." :p :p

dml105 Jun 19, 2014 7:57 am

Originally Posted by peetahvw (Post 22901899)
[*]Amaretto Di Saronna is being added as a liquor.

I fully support this merger.

GNVGator Jun 19, 2014 8:38 am

Can't wait for the Cava to be added to transcons. Have a flight to LAS next week, hopefully they'll have that loaded. If I recall correctly they only had the sparkling stuff on TA flights right? If so then adding it to flights 3.5 hours or longer is considered an upgrade from the past...

Go Gators

phllax Jun 20, 2014 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by peetahvw (Post 22901899)
Looks like another update to the onboard beverages is coming in June.
  • Amaretto Di Saronna is being added as a liquor.

This is a re-addition, as it was previously available, at least up through the merger. Many transcons I took in F I was personally responsible for the flight arriving with none left, as it was especially good on top of the ice cream sundae!

peetahvw Aug 4, 2014 1:50 pm

Sorry to dig up my own thread - on this AM's flight talking to an attendant looks like its official - Tito and Bombay Saphire are now the vodka and gin's of choice when flying on US metal.

Also changing this month - removal of Cognac from transatlantic flights (get it until stock runs out). Tea is swaping from "Mother Parker" to "Bigelow"

Looks like all beverages are now aligned with AA (AA stopped carrying Jim Beam, Miller and Corona last month too I think)

mh4ll Aug 5, 2014 1:35 pm

Has the Cava been rolled out on 3.5hr+ domestic flights as promised? I asked for a sparkling wine (CLT-LAX in F) a couple weeks ago and the FA said no, transatlantic only. I didn't care that much so didn't press it.