Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Can't select seats online at usairways.com because "No seatmap available"?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2014, 9:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: UA Platinum MM; DL Silver; IHG Diamond Ambassador; Hilton Gold; Marriott Gold

I booked a ticket on aa.com for travel this fall to the Caribbean. The outbound flights are AA-coded and AA-operated, and I was able to choose my seats at aa.com.

The return flights are AA-coded, but US-operated. I can pull up my itinerary at usairways.com using my US PNR using the "Manage your trip feature," but when I click on "View / change seats" I can't see the seat map for the US flight segments or change my seats the US flight segments because I get a "No Seatmap available" message. Any idea what gives? I've not flown US much, so I don't know if this is a common error message or glitch, a sign that US hasn't settled on the equipment for these flights, a byproduct of the fact that the flights bear AA codes, a problem with my ticket, or something else.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 4:15 am

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
Try again now.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 7:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
I tried to reserve seats on-line for a mixed trip over the last week. aa.com would link me to the US site, where I could see the seat maps, select seats, and click Save. But nothing was ever saved. I tried at least 5 times over a week.

I finally just called US and reserved the exact same seats by phone, and now I'm set. Something isn't working correctly.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 10:27 am

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Hmmm... I've been having problems checking a flight status for tonight. I wonder if it's related. Having problems both on the full website and the app. Keeps giving me a "we can't process that request" type error message.
Old Apr 26, 2014, 1:15 pm

The site does seem glitchy. Tried to select seats and all the premium seats were free to select! Took a few minutes to load and save though.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 8:33 am

Programs: AA EXP, Qantas, Hawaiian
Was working fine last night, but just tried again and still not letting me pick US seats on AA.com. There isn't even a link in the itinerary now.
Old Aug 28, 2014, 4:21 pm

Programs: AA Aluminum, WN B+
Originally Posted by Foob
Was working fine last night, but just tried again and still not letting me pick US seats on AA.com. There isn't even a link in the itinerary now.
Can you go to US website and select seats there? There should be a US PNR on your reservation to use on the US website. I'm assuming you booked through AA.
Old Oct 9, 2015, 9:19 am

Programs: AA Pro (mostly B6) OZ♦ (flying BR/UA), BA Silver Hyatt LT, Wynn Black, Cosmo Plat, Mlife Noir
Having the "no seatmap available" issue on US website when trying to select seats for a US-operated flight in a couple days (booked via AA). AA agent couldn't see it either when I booked.

Is there any other resolution for this? I am on hold 40+ mins now at US just trying to get a seat assignment......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.