Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Dividend Miles on Alaska?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:02 am
Original Poster

Dividend Miles on Alaska?

I checked the Dividend Miles merger FAQ on US's website, but I couldn't get a clear answer. I know AA and Alaska have a partnership agreement whereby you can earn miles on the others' flights, but I didn't know if it applied to Dividend Miles.

I have a flight from DCA to SEA this summer, and I would prefer the nonstop on Alaska, but not if I can't get status miles. Anyone know the answer? Thanks.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 am

Programs: None
I haven't seen anything that indicates US and AS have a relationship yet. It may come at some point and eventually US will be absorbed into AA and the AA/AS relationship will prevail but for now you can't get US miles for flying AS.

You can get AA miles that will eventually be merged with your US miles but I think that's all you can do right now.

Jim
Old Apr 23, 2014, 10:12 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Oceanic Airlines Gold Elite
No. US is not partnering with AS.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 7:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by eponymous_coward
No. US is not partnering with AS.
Thats what I've been saying since day 1. We are getting further and further in the year and soon there will be no more US Airways. It would have been a lot of work for US to implement something that at the time wasnt expected to last more than a year.
Old Apr 25, 2014, 8:36 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy

You can get AA miles that will eventually be merged with your US miles but I think that's all you can do right now.

Jim
I am in a similar situation and I am going to be getting an AA account just for AS flights. It stinks to not get the benefits and the PQMs but at least I will be getting some credit once the programs merge for the miles since they tend to be longer flights on AS.

If I have, say, a mixed AA/AS itinerary, would it be possible to provide AA with my US number and AS with my AA number? Anyone have experience with this?
Old Jun 4, 2014, 6:43 pm

Programs: AA EXP; AC 75k; UA Gold; Bonvoy Ambassador; Hertz Presidents Circle; Hilton Diamond
Will you earn DM on a LAX-SEA flight.....

......that is an AS/AA codeshare ?

Looks like it is AS metal but carries an AA flight number.

I looked thru other threads but didn't easily find an answer. I will be flying LAX-SEA a couple times, and don't have AA acct, but would like this to accrue to my DM acct.

Thanks
Grunion
Old Jun 5, 2014, 5:57 am

Originally Posted by chris4096
I am in a similar situation and I am going to be getting an AA account just for AS flights. It stinks to not get the benefits and the PQMs but at least I will be getting some credit once the programs merge for the miles since they tend to be longer flights on AS.

If I have, say, a mixed AA/AS itinerary, would it be possible to provide AA with my US number and AS with my AA number? Anyone have experience with this?
I wouldn't tempt fate - use the AA account for accruing miles for AS flights.

Originally Posted by Grunion
I will be flying LAX-SEA a couple times, and don't have AA acct, but would like this to accrue to my DM acct.

Thanks
Grunion
Nope - you can only accrue AA miles for AS flights. You can't accrue DM for AS flights at this point. Just sign up for an AA account and eventually your DM and AA accounts will be combined.

Jim
Old Jun 5, 2014, 10:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
AS specifically says no credit for US flights in its program.

Indicates to me there's no agreement between the two, so no miles seems like a no brainer.

If there were miles offered, US would likely treat it as a non-alliance partner and only give RDMs for the travel.
Old Jun 5, 2014, 7:41 pm

I'd imagine that AS has had plenty of their elites ask about crediting US flights to their AS account or redeeming AS miles for US flights given the merger hoopla.

Jim
Old Jun 5, 2014, 11:37 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by BOS TO DCA
I checked the Dividend Miles merger FAQ on US's website, but I couldn't get a clear answer. I know AA and Alaska have a partnership agreement whereby you can earn miles on the others' flights, but I didn't know if it applied to Dividend Miles.

I have a flight from DCA to SEA this summer, and I would prefer the nonstop on Alaska, but not if I can't get status miles. Anyone know the answer? Thanks.
This is a question I also need answered. I would like to fly ONT-PDX on AA/AS codeshare flights and earn USDM PQMs.

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Just sign up for an AA account and eventually your DM and AA accounts will be combined.

Jim
If the miles post to my AA account, will they be PQMs?
Old Jun 6, 2014, 6:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by Michael El
If the miles post to my AA account, will they be PQMs?
In terms of AAdvantage miles and elite qualification, all AA-coded flights earn as if operated by AA.

AS-coded flights, when operated by Alaska, Horizon, or American, also earn EQM, EQP and EQS.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...nes/alaska.jsp

Learn to love the mileage/elite qualifying tables of aa.com.

http://www.aa.com/i18n/AAdvantage/ea...lines/main.jsp
Old Jun 6, 2014, 7:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Michael El
This is a question I also need answered. I would like to fly ONT-PDX on AA/AS codeshare flights and earn USDM PQMs.
Same answer, AS is not a US partner, no US PQMs. AA partner only.
Old Jun 6, 2014, 8:01 am

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
Slightly different question... PHL-SEA (US) SEA-BZN(AS). Is there any way to do this on one PNR so that checked bags are auto routed in SEA from US to AS?

Last edited by 149113; Jun 6, 2014 at 8:10 am
Old Jun 6, 2014, 10:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K
Originally Posted by 149113
Slightly different question... PHL-SEA (US) SEA-BZN(AS). Is there any way to do this on one PNR so that checked bags are auto routed in SEA from US to AS?
AS or US should be able to ticket this by calling in or using third party site such as orbitz or expedia. Its probably not going to be cheap since you woulf be paying base fare for both PHL-SEA & SEA-BZN. It woudl probably be alot cheaper just to book the whole thing on AS as they file a fare bewteen the two cities
Old Jun 6, 2014, 11:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by CDKing
AS or US should be able to ticket this by calling in or using third party site such as orbitz or expedia. Its probably not going to be cheap since you woulf be paying base fare for both PHL-SEA & SEA-BZN. It woudl probably be alot cheaper just to book the whole thing on AS as they file a fare bewteen the two cities
Yep. But what the OP is trying to avoid is...

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...t-tickets.html

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.