Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Aircraft Type CRJ - hold luggage normal restrictions apply?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:01 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Aircraft Type CRJ - hold luggage normal restrictions apply?

Hello!

I'm flying LGA-CLT-LEX. The CLT-LEX leg is on aircraft type CRJ - which I am assuming is a small Canadair Regional Jet.

Are the hold luggage sizes the same as for a full size aircraft? My bag won't be heavy, just a large size suitcase. I can't find an answer on their website.

Thanks!
Old Apr 22, 2014, 11:45 am

Programs: AA EXP, EY Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, IHG Gold, Hertz 5*, Global Entry
I assume you're on a CRJ-200 and not a CRJ-700 or -900 (can tell a 200 as it has first class seating).

The CRJs can hold a decent amount of luggage in the hold. If you mean that you are carrying a large suitcase, you should not have to worry. If you are carrying something odd such as skis, surfboard or otherwise, then it could conceivably be an issue.
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EK Silver, ABP ;)
Thanks very much indeed
Old Apr 23, 2014, 1:38 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Signatures

Programs: UA 1K, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador, National Exec, AA EXP Emeritus
At the moment, US Airways' regional flying is distinct from that of American Airlines. As a result, this question is being moved over to the pre-merger US Airways forum.

Please note the sticky at the top of the consolidated thread which is titled Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING. With all of the changes about, it is important to know where to post, and reading that thread before posting (as the title suggests ) will help get you in the right place.

~Moderator
Old Apr 23, 2014, 8:06 am

The only place I might worry about luggage on a CRJ would be MYR - because golf bags are numerous and also bulky. A staffer there told me at times some golf clubs have to wait for the next mainline aircraft.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.