Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Flying on American Airlines operated flight with DM Chairman's status

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flying on American Airlines operated flight with DM Chairman's status

Search this Thread

Old Aug 6, 2014, 1:42 pm

Programs: US Airways Gold, SPG Gold
Originally Posted by iztok
Further more if you are CP flying on US while ticketed on AA (codeshare), you are not entitled to CP benefits of being upgraded if available. I had a mixed AA/US itinerary(2 AA, 2 US) flights and all ticketed on AA. While riding in back on AA I'll at least EP back of the bus drink/snack and MCE seat, on US, nada.
This seems to still be true. I booked a cheap international USAirways ticket on AA ticket Stock and figured as a US Chairman's no problem upgrading. First 2 times I called they said "oh just be patient" now they're saying "never going to happen because you bought it from AA and we realize it's 100% US, but that is our policy"
Old Aug 7, 2014, 7:36 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by webrobby
This seems to still be true. I booked a cheap international USAirways ticket on AA ticket Stock and figured as a US Chairman's no problem upgrading. First 2 times I called they said "oh just be patient" now they're saying "never going to happen because you bought it from AA and we realize it's 100% US, but that is our policy"
Just did this for a few flights last week... As a US CP flying US metal on AA ticket stock, you are not eligible for an upgrade at your normal 7 day window. You should still get the email from the 7 day sweep, similar to the old days if you were on a UA ticket, saying that you are not eligible for upgrade.

You can, however, still upgrade for free starting at the 24-hour OLCI window. And if at first you don't succeed, OLCI again (and again, and again...)
Old Aug 7, 2014, 5:08 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by sjpmurph01

You can, however, still upgrade for free starting at the 24-hour OLCI window. And if at first you don't succeed, OLCI again (and again, and again...)

That's the key..."again, and again"...I checked in right at 24 hours for a (domestic) flight, and got coach...but a few hours before the flight I logged on to try to print my boarding pass, and while I didn't figure that out directly, it let me upgrade right then. So keep checking...
Old Nov 7, 2014, 6:53 am

Slightly OT (but not so much so): if one was both a Chairman's CP and AA PLT, which would you use? In terms of say upgrades (assuming PLT has enough 500 mile stickers so this isn't an issue)?
Old Nov 8, 2014, 10:34 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by baclubflyer
Slightly OT (but not so much so): if one was both a Chairman's CP and AA PLT, which would you use? In terms of say upgrades (assuming PLT has enough 500 mile stickers so this isn't an issue)?
Use your AA account - I'm US CP and I'm 0/129 on upgrades on AA metal. At least as an AA PLT you'd get on the upgrade list, which is 100% more of an upgrade chance than I've gotten.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.