EQM earnings on partner airlines: Please report your experiences

Old Mar 31, 14, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
EQM earnings on partner airlines: Please report your experiences

Could someone please post whether or not they receive US DM EQMs for the following:
  • AA codeshare flights operated by OneWorld carriers, such as BA, IB and CX
  • Flights booked on OneWorld carriers (that are not AA codeshares)
  • Flights on legacy *A carriers, such as Aegean and Turkish, that are still US partners for "earn and burn"

FAQs are clear that these will accrue DM miles (I think), but not clear whether these will be EQMs.
Old Mar 31, 14, 11:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL 1 million, AA 1 mil, HH lapsed Diamond, Marriott Plat
This is found on the DM Preferred qualifying page:

Only miles earned on American Airlines or oneworld alliance airlines are Preferred-qualifying miles.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...toqualify.html
Old Mar 31, 14, 5:35 pm

Programs: None
US EQM's are earned any time you fly on US/USX/AA/AAX/partner airlines. As of today, OW carriers will earn US EQM's, assuming that the carrier has made the changes to recognize US as a OW carrier. Also as of today, there are a few *A carriers that will still have agreements with US separate from the *A, so they should earn EQM's.

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Mar 31, 14 at 6:59 pm
Old Mar 31, 14, 6:40 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy View Post
US EQM's are earned any time you fly on US/USX/AA/AAX/partner airlines. As of tomorrow, OW carriers will earn US EQM's, assuming that the carrier has made the changes to recognize US as a OW carrier. Also as of tomorrow, there are a few *A carriers that will still have agreements with US separate from the *A, so they should earn EQM's.

Jim
I agree about AA and the OW carriers as to what should happen, but don't think it's as clear with the *A carriers. However my concern is not what should happen, but what does happen.

Surely there are some FTers who will be able to report on the actual results.
Old Mar 31, 14, 7:02 pm

Programs: None
AA/US seems to be working pretty well since there are few complaints as far a mileage being credited. I agree about the OW/remaining *A or other partners. Not every OW carrier will be ready to credit US miles and US won't be ready to recognize all OW carriers as of today.

And I corrected my last post - for some reason I had a mental hiccup and said the transition to OW was tomorrow.

Jim
Old Apr 4, 14, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Has anyone gotten DM credit for a OW flight other than AA yet? How about for a flight on one of the legacy *A carriers (Aegean, Singapore, Turkish, etc.)?

Have they come in as EQMs?
Old Apr 6, 14, 8:31 am

Programs: AA PP, Marriot Titanium
My EVA flight just posted as RDM only.
Old Apr 7, 14, 2:05 am

Anyone get USDM EQMs for an AA marketed flight operated by CX?
Old Apr 7, 14, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Can I can earn USDM PQM flying an AA codeshare flight on AS operated by SkyWest?
Old Apr 8, 14, 9:05 pm

Originally Posted by Michael El View Post
Can I can earn USDM PQM flying an AA codeshare flight on AS operated by SkyWest?
I believe the answer is no. That flight would fall into AS for PQMs. You could earn AA miles since they have an agreement with AS, but not any US miles.
Old Apr 16, 14, 8:59 am

I'm not clear on the answers so far in this thread so I'll pose the following question:

Does a US coded flight on SQ, booked in C/J or F, earn PQM's or RDM's if booked and flown prior to July 31 (the end of the partnership)?
Old Apr 16, 14, 10:51 am

Programs: Marriott LT Plat, US CP
My flights on BA last week have all posted PQM's including the 10% cabin bonus for flying WT+.
Old Jul 9, 14, 5:20 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA 1K, F9 Elite, Hyatt Diamond, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by ktkw View Post
Anyone get USDM EQMs for an AA marketed flight operated by CX?
Does anyone have any experience with this yet? Or AA marketed operated by JL? I'd like to know whether to use my US or AA number for these segments.
Old Jul 10, 14, 8:15 am

Programs: BA Executive Club (Silver), Le Club Accor (Silver)
I flew on a Qantas operated and marketed flight back in April, in a fare class earning 25%. The EQMs originally posted as 25% of miles flown (300ish) PLUS a 50% Gold bonus, but 2 months later were removed and replaced with a 500 mile minimum PLUS 50% Gold bonus. This was unexpected, as I always thought 500 mile minimums only applied where the fare class earned you 100% in the first place.
Old Mar 18, 15, 10:05 am
Suspended

I flew a Finnair codeshare on British Airways and credited to my USAir account. It has not posted yet and I am unsure if it counts after more closely re-reading the website.

The other BA flights I took after that have already posted and I was wondering if it was still worth watching or if it was ineligible and not to bother.
Thanks.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: