Wiki Posts
Search

Advise on gap period - March *A lounge access

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2014, 4:41 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Advise on gap period - March *A lounge access

In mid-March I'm flying BOS-YUL-ZHR-BOM-ZHR in Y. My US CP card has an expire date of 2-28. In YUL and ZHR I've always had issues if I don't have a valid card. Obviously I won't have a new card at that time.

I assume my boarding pass will still have *G on it. I also plan on printing out a copy of my card, which I assume will have an updated date.

Other ideas?
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:34 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As this pertains to the pre-merger US Airways, it is being moved to that forum for better exposure and input.

As noted in the Welcome to the New American Airlines Forum! PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING, questions and information pertaining to the existing AA or US operations should go in those forums as it will be quite some time before the two entities operate as a single airline.

Your understanding is appreciated.

/Moderator
Old Feb 15, 2014, 10:51 pm

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Two thoughts -- first, since you're leaving from BOS, you might want to walk over to the US desk and see if they can print out a receipt showing your current status. I believe they have that ability, and coming from an airline system it might carry more weight.

Second, it might be useful to print out the information page on usairways.com noting that all status expiring 2/28 is being extended to 3/31 this year. It's something they could presumably verify themselves from the computers in the club.
Old Feb 15, 2014, 11:01 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by pbuntrock
I assume my boarding pass will still have *G on it. I also plan on printing out a copy of my card, which I assume will have an updated date.

Other ideas?
No one knows yet what US will do about all of us who have *S or *G cards that reflect an expiration date of 28 Feb 2014. My guess is that they may send us stickers to place over the current Feb 28 expiration date to show a Mar 30 expiration date... like what UA did a couple years ago. Or, US may message their *A partners to let them know that all *S and *G US customers have one more month of status. But, right now anything is just a guess. We won't know until US lets us know what they are going to do about the March gap. (I'm guessing they definitely won't mail out new cards--stickers to place over the expiration date at most, but that may even be a stretch.)
Old Feb 17, 2014, 4:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by 14thStreet
No one knows yet what US will do about all of us who have *S or *G cards that reflect an expiration date of 28 Feb 2014. My guess is that they may send us stickers to place over the current Feb 28 expiration date to show a Mar 30 expiration date... like what UA did a couple years ago. Or, US may message their *A partners to let them know that all *S and *G US customers have one more month of status. But, right now anything is just a guess. We won't know until US lets us know what they are going to do about the March gap. (I'm guessing they definitely won't mail out new cards--stickers to place over the expiration date at most, but that may even be a stretch.)
Update - I just went to reprint my card. The expiration has been changed to 3/30. I'll print it out and bring it with me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.