Did they remove the ADD TO UPGRADE LIST option at check-in?

Old Feb 12, 14, 9:12 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Did they remove the ADD TO UPGRADE LIST option at check-in?

I just checked-in for a flight tomorrow and I did not see the ADD TO UPGRADE LIST option during check-in. We are a party of 2 - both CP. Maybe they removed the option because no-one would skip this option anyway.

I do know to keep an eye on the FC cabin to see if seats open up ... and then change seats.
Old Feb 12, 14, 9:32 am

Programs: US Chairman
I flew BOS-LGA shuttle yesterday and checked-in on Monday evening. I was NOT upgraded on the outbound leg (7am), but was upgraded on my return trip (as a CP, but I did book my flight on Friday).

When I checked in, I did get the option to check for stand-by for upgrade (or whatever it usually is).
Old Feb 12, 14, 9:33 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by apeortdz View Post
I just checked-in for a flight tomorrow and I did not see the ADD TO UPGRADE LIST option during check-in. We are a party of 2 - both CP. Maybe they removed the option because no-one would skip this option anyway.

I do know to keep an eye on the FC cabin to see if seats open up ... and then change seats.
It was explained to me that with more than 1 person on the same booking that this option isn't offered.
Old Feb 12, 14, 9:49 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG Gold, HH Gold MR Gold, Avis CHM
Originally Posted by aztimm View Post
It was explained to me that with more than 1 person on the same booking that this option isn't offered.
Correct. This only works if you are the only person on the PNR. Only option is to have a TA or GA add you to the upgrade list at the airport on day of departure.
Old Feb 14, 14, 2:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Correct +1.

This happened to me once as a plat. Two of us were traveling, but there was only one seat available for upgrade. TA told us we could split the PNR and I'd get it, but my wife would be left to fend for herself. We had exit row seats so we stayed in the back.

We were also told that the adding to the list didn't apply to web check in at with 2 or more on the PNR.
Old Feb 14, 14, 6:06 pm

Programs: B6 MOSIAC, AA PLAT, MR PLAT, SPG PLAT, EC EE, Hertz PC, DL GOLD, UA GOLD, AC 25K
Originally Posted by TwoDecks View Post
I flew BOS-LGA shuttle yesterday and checked-in on Monday evening. I was NOT upgraded on the outbound leg (7am), but was upgraded on my return trip (as a CP, but I did book my flight on Friday).

When I checked in, I did get the option to check for stand-by for upgrade (or whatever it usually is).
Funny that you mention this. I was checking prices for a flight from BOS to LGA on March 12th - lo and behold - Economy Restricted was $236, First Class Restricted was $158. That was a one way booking. Now you can see why FC was full

Search this Thread
Search Engine: