Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Can't get through to US? Alternative numbers to call when call centers are jammed up

Old Feb 14, 2014, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: JDiver
Per tommyleo in post #10 (please feel free to edit/add updates):

Here's a hot tip that I've used successfully during weather problems for several airlines: call the airline's overseas call centers. Use Skype and it's dirt cheap.

Here are U.S.'s overseas numbers. I just called the U.K. number and the agent answered immediately after I was prompted to press "2". This should work with just about any US call center since there should be an option for English at all of them. Good luck.

Since the overseas call center are typically not open 24 hours, one should consider the local time at the those call centers before calling.

abein2672: The (US) Canada number is pure GOLD! 1-888-240-4770. Toll free in the US, routes to an English-speaking agent in Europe...
Print Wikipost

Can't get through to US? Alternative numbers to call when call centers are jammed up

Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:43 am
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
I have some coworkers who had flights tomorrow cancelled from Charlotte, is there a way to get the tickets refunded without having to call US Airways? In the case of a cancelled flight do you still have to talk to them and do something with the ticket before the scheduled departure?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:55 am

This is horrendous. I've been on hold all day. Can't even get through on the silver preferred # - just get the busy signal after the voice prompts. Holding on the regular line now.

I've defended US a lot, but this type of customer service is absolutely unacceptable.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:47 am

Programs: DL - Silver, AA - EXP, Marriott - Platinum Premier
I think all US systems have been stretched to capacity today. I was on hold for 3 hours last night, gave up, then called back today and got lucky after 40 minutes.

When I tried to adjust my seat on my newly rebooked flight I got this:

Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:01 pm

Programs: Days of Our Lives, General Hospital
Originally Posted by tommyleo
Here's a hot tip that I've used successfully during weather problems for several airlines: call the airline's overseas call centers. Use Skype and it's dirt cheap.
I just did this with AA in Denmark for an itinerary (starting with a US flight that was cancelled) tomorrow. I was connected quickly to a very helpful agent, but to no avail -- no seats from here to anywhere tomorrow, and no feasible routing to my destination before Monday. The agent eventually called HQ in the United States and was advised to give me a refund.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 3:09 pm

Programs: WFBF
MCI-DCA tomorrow seems cancelled across the board. After a half-dozen tries, finally got through and rebooked onto an AA flight Friday morning, so don't give up hope.

(and also have a backup flight on WN/AirTran since they fly to DCA because it's refundable and why not?)
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP
CP Phone #

I just tried the USDM phone line and got a message to call back later before they even authenticated my account by my phone number.

Is there still a direct CP line? I find it hard to believe that they wont pick up the phone for their top teir folks during crazy times like this.

Can someone PM me the number. I'll screenshot my account if needed.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 4:46 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by dubstyle311
I just tried the USDM phone line and got a message to call back later before they even authenticated my account by my phone number.

Is there still a direct CP line? I find it hard to believe that they wont pick up the phone for their top teir folks during crazy times like this.

Can someone PM me the number. I'll screenshot my account if needed.
The call center is straight up not accepting calls. I can't get through on the plat line either. Earlier I got through to the automated system and when it transferred me it gave me a busy signal, when I called back it told me the system couldn't handle the quantity of calls and to call back later.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:38 pm

I went through multiple attempts this afternoon, using the number off my old Plat card since I haven't gotten CP credentials yet.

First couple attempts I got through the automated voice guy and then busy signal when transferring to agent.

Next few attempts got the automatic "please try later" and it hung up.

Finally got through a little while ago -- once it was actually able to transfer to the queue for agents, I got someone immediately.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:21 pm

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
I went through multiple attempts this afternoon, using the number off my old Plat card since I haven't gotten CP credentials yet.

First couple attempts I got through the automated voice guy and then busy signal when transferring to agent.

Next few attempts got the automatic "please try later" and it hung up.

Finally got through a little while ago -- once it was actually able to transfer to the queue for agents, I got someone immediately.
Same experience as mine with the CP line. The CSR was really wonderful, too, very helpful and warm on what must just be a huge migraine-inducing nightmare of a day to work.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti
Same experience as mine with the CP line. The CSR was really wonderful, too, very helpful and warm on what must just be a huge migraine-inducing nightmare of a day to work.
Yup. Agent was very polite, very helpful, helped me figure out the flight that's likeliest to actually get into DCA (which turned out to be on AA, so if it actually flies I'll get to experience AA F for the first time, since I was traveling on paid F on US).
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:40 pm

Programs: UA, DL, AA, US, SQ, TK, SPG, HH, CC, Avis, Hertz, Thrifty, Enterprise, Chase UR, Amex MR
Originally Posted by ubernostrum
MCI-DCA tomorrow seems cancelled across the board. After a half-dozen tries, finally got through and rebooked onto an AA flight Friday morning, so don't give up hope.

(and also have a backup flight on WN/AirTran since they fly to DCA because it's refundable and why not?)

For what it's worth it's really pretty awful in WAS right now, the Fed is closed as of a few hours ago and all day tomorrow. The snow is piling on pretty rapidly and shows no signs of stopping...
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:54 pm

I don't understand why you even need to speak to an agent to change a flight. Why is this not automated yet? I spent an hour on hold just to move my flight from tomorrow to today, something I could have done myself in less than 10 clicks. It's like the airlines are still operating on Windows 98...
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
I called a week ago, and waited 2 hours 15 minutes before I got a human. I called a couple of days later, and it took 1 minute.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:26 am

Programs: Marriott Plat, AA Gold
Finally got through at 3AM last night, and of course this morning my flight gets cancelled and they're not accepting calls again.
Old Feb 13, 2014, 6:41 am

I haven't been able to get through yesterday morning through this morning. What a nightmare.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.