Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:01 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: sbbutler93
2/12 Update (for space consideration: italicized underlined material applies to both)
Winter Storm Pax Northeast
2/11/2014 8:30 PM ET

Cities Affected

Hartford, CT ; New Haven, CT ; Washington, DC (Dulles Int'l Airport) ; Washington, DC (Reagan National) ; Bangor, ME ; Portland, ME ; Baltimore, MD ; Boston, MA ; Manchester, NH ; Newark, NJ ; Albany, NY ; Binghamton, NY ; Islip, NY ; New York, NY (JFK Airport) ; New York, NY (LaGuardia) ; White Plains, NY ; Allentown, PA ; Harrisburg, PA ; Philadelphia, PA ; Scranton, PA ; State College, PA ; Williamsport, PA ; Providence, RI

Date Range
2/13/2014 1:00 AM ET through 2/14/2014 11:59 PM ET

Here’s how:

• Book the same origin and destination
• If you are scheduled to travel February 13 or 14, your travel date may be changed to travel February 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 or 19.

Winter Storm Pax
2/12/2014 10:59 AM ET

Cities Affected

Birmingham, AL ; Huntsville, AL ; Atlanta, GA ; Augusta, GA ; Salisbury, MD ; Asheville, NC ; Charlotte, NC ; Fayetteville, NC ; Greensboro, NC ; Greenville, NC ; Jacksonville, NC ; New Bern, NC ; Raleigh/Durham, NC ; Wilmington, NC ; Charleston, SC ; Columbia, SC ; Florence, SC ; Greenville, SC ; Johnson City, TN ; Knoxville, TN ; Charlottesville, VA ; Lynchburg, VA ; Newport News, VA ; Norfolk, VA ; Richmond, VA ; Roanoke, VA

Date Range
2/11/2014 1:00 AM ET through 2/13/2014 11:59 PM ET

Revised Ticket Policy
We’ve relaxed our change-fee policies. If your trip is affected, you can change your trip online (in most cases) -- we’ll waive your change fees!

Here’s how:

• Book the same origin and destination
• If you are scheduled to travel February 11,12 or 13, your travel date may be changed to travel February 10,11,12,13,14,15,16 or 17.

You may have to pay to change your trip if:

• You change your origin and/or destination
• Your travel is outside the dates listed above
• There is a difference in fare

Please call if:

• Part or all of your trip is on another airline
• You don’t see a ‘Change my trip’ link when you pull up your reservation

Change your trip online at usairways.com/manageyourtrip

If you need help, please call 800-428-4322.
Print Wikipost

US Travel Advisory (week of Feb 10-14)

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2014, 8:57 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by ellinj
I am guessing this should be easier now that all the code shares have been loaded into the system. As evidenced by people with schedule changes from normal operations being pushed to the other airline unknowingly.
Not necessarily - every airline will be rerouting it's own passengers first so I wouldn't count on AA having available seats to give to US distressed passengers. If we were talking about some event that only affected US flights it would be different - all the other carriers would happily accept US passengers and the money they represent, but things like a major winter storm moving up the east affects all carriers.

Jim
Old Feb 12, 2014, 6:11 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Not necessarily - every airline will be rerouting it's own passengers first so I wouldn't count on AA having available seats to give to US distressed passengers. If we were talking about some event that only affected US flights it would be different - all the other carriers would happily accept US passengers and the money they represent, but things like a major winter storm moving up the east affects all carriers.

Jim
Having available seats and allowing it are two different things. I would think they could push to a ticket to an AA flight on US ticket stock assuming availability would be made much more simple given the code share.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:12 am

I got affected by this delay twice. I'd booked to Buffalo from Florida because it was $100 cheaper than going to Rochester, because I could catch a ride with a friend to my endpoint. When they cancelled my CLT-BUF, they agreed to change me to a ROC endpoint with no change fee. Then they cancelled my departure to CLT and couldn't rebook me until Friday.

The one complaint I had is how the phone number to appropriately call isn't well spelled out. I got an email about the cancellation telling me to call one number, but when I called that number, it said "due to call volume please call back later, or try online." When I tried online, it said my reservation could only be changed on the phone, but it provided a different phone number to call than the email did. I was not pleased by spending an hour being referred from System A to B to C.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:56 am

Programs: US CP
Friday

I'm due to fly PHL-CLT-LHR on Friday. PHL-CLT is at 1:40. I was thinking at the very least I should try and shift my flight to direct PHL-CLT but I'd hate to pay the change in fare to have to reschedule again. Anyone care to guess what my odds are of any of these three flights going?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:05 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Originally Posted by Sally4th
I'm due to fly PHL-CLT-LHR on Friday. PHL-CLT is at 1:40. I was thinking at the very least I should try and shift my flight to direct PHL-CLT but I'd hate to pay the change in fare to have to reschedule again. Anyone care to guess what my odds are of any of these three flights going?
Current forecasts are showing everything clearing by that time Friday.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 9:59 am

Thanks dtremit, I guess my biggest worry is where my planes will be coming from.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:21 am

Programs: None
Originally Posted by ellinj
Having available seats and allowing it are two different things. I would think they could push to a ticket to an AA flight on US ticket stock assuming availability would be made much more simple given the code share.
True, but even with the codeshare AA has it's own passengers to take care of. This storm isn't going to leave a single major carrier and few non-major carriers unaffected and scrambling to reroute it's passengers, from DL in ATL/LGA/JFK, US in CLT/DCA/PHL, UA in IAD/EWR and AA in NYC/BOS. Not to mention all the spoke cities affected.

Jim
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:48 am

Programs: I miss US Airways
wiki updated---CHS was added in the Southeastern advisory.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 10:50 am

Programs: Marriott LTG, HHonors Diamond, Nat'l Exec
Thanks dtremit, I guess my biggest worry is where my planes will be coming from.
The weather should mostly be over on Thursday -- my guess is they'll be working very hard to keep things running smoothly on Friday to make up for a few days' backlog. And you've got a long layover in CLT.

That said, if there's any serious delay in the departure of your PHL-CLT, you will know in plenty of time to have them move you to the nonstop PHL-LHR, which isn't until ~9PM.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 11:31 am
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
As I type CLT reporting heavy snow & freezing fog.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 12:14 pm

Originally Posted by coachrowsey
As I type CLT reporting heavy snow & freezing fog.
Stay safe, Coach :-)
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:02 pm

Flying JFK-FRA Friday night, do international flights get priority over domestic? Any past experience the day after a bad storm?
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:07 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Stay safe, Coach :-)
Hi Sally. I am at home not going any where
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:32 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by jsf423
Flying JFK-FRA Friday night, do international flights get priority over domestic? Any past experience the day after a bad storm?
The storm should be over in NYC well before your flight is scheduled to leave.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 1:35 pm

Programs: American, Delta, JetBlue, United
Originally Posted by rpjepson
What are the forecasts for Friday like? I'm flying into PHL from the UK. My itinerary online makes reference to the weather waiver, but the last thing I want to do is move my flight, only for Friday to be relatively ok.
PHL should be OK for your arrival on Friday. I live in Washington DC, and the storm is expected to peter out here by late tomorrow (Thursday) afternoon. The storm is moving north, so it would end a bit later in Philadelphia, but it should still end there by Thursday evening.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.