Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Issue With Name on Ticket on AA Codeshare

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014, 3:57 am
Original Poster

Issue With Name on Ticket on AA Codeshare

Ok, I believe this belongs here in US forum because this was purchased through US. Yesterday, found a fare for an international itinerary that is completely on AA metal. The price on US site for the completely codeshared trip was 40% less than purchasing through AA. Went ahead and purchased from US because I knew this fare would not last (I was right- fare ended up going away later in the day).

Ticketed fine on US. I wake up this morning to check, and I am now ticketed on AA with a record locator. I go to select my seats, and I notice on AA's end, my name has been concatenated. It was correctly entered on the US site- ie. First=John Middle=Edward Last=Smith. US correctly lists as John Edward Smith, but AA lists name as JohnEdward Smith.

Anyone else experience this, and has it been problematic later on? One concern is that it is an international itin, and these details can quickly become an issue in such cases. Other concern is that my AA Plat status goes away at the end of this month- I have my MCE seats selected, and don't want to have to make any changes later that will risk me losing those seat assignments.
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:09 am

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
Don't worry - my middle name is always concatenated to my first one and shortened when it does not fit - domestically or internationally - never had a problem. As long as your ID lists the middle name, noone will even blink
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:20 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the info. This is just one of those growing pains associated with the merger
Old Feb 3, 2014, 4:23 am

Programs: US Chairman, M&M FTL
It's not even merger related - had been happening on all airlines for me for years - these days I am surprised if I see the space in the record. As long as it is your name, a missing space will not be a problem
Old Feb 3, 2014, 6:59 am

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Venabili
It's not even merger related - had been happening on all airlines for me for years - these days I am surprised if I see the space in the record. As long as it is your name, a missing space will not be a problem
Just providing a second data point in agreement with Venabili. It's happened to me ever since I can remember, on every carrier I've flown with. A non issue all the time!
Old Feb 12, 2014, 2:34 am

Hi there, I am in a similar position, I booked through US Airways and got a discounted ticket. I made an error swapping my surname for forename. Since I spotted the error I found out my flight was actually with American Airlines, after contacting both airlines they are refusing to change the name of my ticket as they say this is difficult as the ticket crosses over airlines. I may be in trouble with immigration as it is an international flight from Ireland to New York
Old Feb 12, 2014, 5:28 am

Programs: WFBF
The number of combinations of mangled/smushed-together versions of my first/middle/last and suffix I've traveled with beggars the imagination.

Only problem I've ever had was years ago when a self-check-in kiosk couldn't handle it and I had to go to the counter.
Old Feb 12, 2014, 7:14 am

I used to have a hyphenated last name and I have wound up with tickets with those last names out of order, with no hyphen, smushed together, etc. Usually the security agent just checks my ID and laughs about it and it's no big deal.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.