Club Access

Old Jan 30, 14, 10:52 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, Fantasy Football Champ
Club Access

I was considering purchasing the US Club lounge membership. Does anyone know if there are any special promotions regarding this membership and also for anyone who has it, do you see the benefit in having access?
Old Jan 30, 14, 11:01 am

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
LOTS of threads on the US Club. Do a search in this forum on the word, "Club".

Here's two that may be of interest:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...ated-date.html
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...ways-club.html
Old Feb 4, 14, 2:53 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I have it. US comp'd me a year's membership when I hit 120 flights on the year. Depending on which lounge you will frequent, the seats are just way more comfortable and less people traffic to deal with. Not much on "real" food, but there are snacks available. Free Wifi, plenty of outlets to recharge your PEDs. Also if you need to do work, there are private areas to set up shop.

I also value my membership to get into lounges in star alliance.
Old Feb 4, 14, 3:49 pm

Programs: AA EXP, DL DM, Marriott Titanium
Originally Posted by pdpgps View Post
I have it. US comp'd me a year's membership when I hit 120 flights on the year. Depending on which lounge you will frequent, the seats are just way more comfortable and less people traffic to deal with. Not much on "real" food, but there are snacks available. Free Wifi, plenty of outlets to recharge your PEDs. Also if you need to do work, there are private areas to set up shop.

Also, soup in PHL/CLT/PHX in the afternoons

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...p-us-club.html
Old Feb 4, 14, 3:58 pm

I see that OP is based at PIT. In which case, the US Club is the only lounge at the airport. If you are going to be using it frequently, I'd say go for it. For me, it was worth it just for the restroom alone, not having to carry all your bags there. It was NEVER crowded for the past 8 years or so (which is not a necessarily a good thing), so you will get some peace and quiet. I also find the club people at PIT to be very nice.

Another club benefit that should be mentioned is the free booze (buds, non-premium wine).
Old Feb 4, 14, 9:39 pm

I have been a member for the last 3 years now. My reasons for joining were:
- access to a relatively quiet and private place to make a phone call or do some work
- access to agents who can help with unusual situations -- during IRROPS, etc.

Not sure what kind of rule-of-thumb others might use - but I've talked myself into thinking that as long as I will get 20 or more uses out of the membership in a year it's worthwhile to renew. That works out to roughly $20/admission -- counting wifi, overall comfort, food & drink, plus the access to agents -- seems like a reasonable value.

Haven't yet ventured into any Admiral's clubs. Probably half of my usage was for United Clubs over the last couple of years, though...

Hope this helps.
Old Feb 5, 14, 12:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pdpgps View Post
Your *G status would get you into any lounges other than US and UA
Old Feb 5, 14, 9:13 am

Programs: AA EXP Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by canadiancow View Post
Your *G status would get you into any lounges other than US and UA
Just rember that US leaves *A on 3/31. *G will not get you into the US clubs and a US membership will not get you into the UA clubs.
Old Feb 5, 14, 12:34 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pbuntrock View Post
Just rember that US leaves *A on 3/31. *G will not get you into the US clubs and a US membership will not get you into the UA clubs.
Haha. Good call pbuntrock. That's definitely something to consider when purchasing membership.
Old Feb 5, 14, 2:33 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum, SQ Krisflyer PPS, UA 1p, Marriot Lifetime Platinum, American EXP
I looked at getting a United Club membership this year when it was time to renew, but thought the cost was too high for the benefit. I renewed my US Club and a significantly lower cost than the initial purchase price at UA. While I do like the US clubs and will miss the good snacks (I really did not need them).
Old Feb 5, 14, 5:57 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat / OW Sapphire / Hyatt Diamond / Hilton Diamond
I haven't scoured the pm-AA threads, so this may have been answered, but does anyone know if people with the Citi AA Elite MasterCard that has Admiral's Club access are allowed in the US club?

I'm hoping / guess the answer is yes with the reciprocal club access agreement, but wasn't sure since it's not a true club membership. I'm looking forward to accessing the Admiral's clubs but as a US flyer having access to the PHX/CLT/PHL clubs would be helpful.
Old Feb 5, 14, 11:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AC SE MM, Bonvoy Tit, HH Diamond, Hyatt Glob, Accor Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by pbuntrock View Post
I know, and it upsets me

Generally, UA works for me, but I find US service to be better. And then there's all the airports with a US Club but no United Club

Search this Thread
Search Engine: