Account In Audit State for 9 Months

Old Jan 10, 14, 6:51 pm

Programs: None
[QUOTE=wheresmybagba;22122779]You've lost me!??[?quote]

I got that you were say that transferring the miles to US would result in enough miles for an Asia award. I was just saying that transferring the miles to any *A carrier would do the same - UA for example. Also, does not Aeroplan allow *A awards? If so there's no need to worry about Aeroplan's mileage requirements, get an award on US/UA/whatever *A carrier except AC and get the *A mileage requirement. So for *A awards there was no need to transfer to US and take the 17% haircut.

Besides, if the miles required for *A award tickets is the concern US only gave a delay, not a cure, since it's leaving *A. Pick UA, an Asian *A carrier, whatever and get the *A award chart without fear of losing it a year later.

You keep claiming that the miles had to be transferred to US to get the lower *A award chart rates but that's simply not true. The best reason given, as I've said, is to get AA miles in the end. I'm guessing that a significant amount of FFs would understand taking a 17% haircut to get miles in a OW carrier and have OW award availability. I'll note that the poster didn't transfer all his Aeroplan miles to US, lending credence to the fact that escaping Aeroplan wasn't the main reason for the transfer - getting AA miles and OW awards via this one-time opportunity was.

Jim

Last edited by BoeingBoy; Jan 10, 14 at 6:57 pm
Old Jan 10, 14, 6:55 pm

[QUOTE=BoeingBoy;22129789]
Originally Posted by wheresmybagba View Post
You've lost me!??[?quote]

I got that you were say that transferring the miles to US would result in enough miles for an Asia award. I was just saying that transferring the miles to any *A carrier would do the same - UA for example. Also, does not Aeroplan allow *A awards? If so there's no need to worry about Aeroplan's mileage requirements, get an award on US/UA/whatever *A carrier except AC and get the *A mileage requirement. So for *A awards there was no need to transfer to US and take the 17% haircut.

Besides, if the miles required for *A award tickets is the concern US only gave a delay, not a cure, since it's leaving *A. Pick UA, an Asian *A carrier, whatever and get the *A award chart without fear of losing it a year later.

You keep claiming that the miles had to be transferred to US to get the lower *A award chart rates but that's simply not true. The best reason given, as I've said, is to get AA miles in the end.

Jim
i disagree. all my transfers from aeroplan to usdm have been to use usdm. primarily, the 30k/40k south pacific intra region reward which allows for some quite nice routings (see http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...class-oceania/). also, 120k f to north asia is unbeatable, especially when it used to be 175k aeroplan and now even higher with award deval.
Old Jan 10, 14, 7:02 pm

Programs: Flying: VA; Buying: AA, AS, AV, BA, UA!
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy View Post
If so there's no need to worry about Aeroplan's mileage requirements, get an award on US/UA/whatever *A carrier except AC and get the *A mileage requirement. So for *A awards there was no need to transfer to US and take the 17% haircut.
You're still confusing me. You seem to be suggesting that there is a uniform *A mileage requirement across ticketing carriers...is that what you're saying? Because if it is then that's certainly not the case. Each carrier sets the number of miles it charges for a *A award...it's not something that is decided by *A HQ.
Old Jan 10, 14, 7:25 pm

That's something I didn't know - UA has lower saver mileage requirements than *A for Asia.

Jim
Old Jan 10, 14, 7:31 pm

That's something I didn't know - UA has lower saver mileage requirements than *A for Asia.

Jim
i'm assuming you're referring to the new UA deval? us/ap doesn't have seperate *a and ua-metal award charts...
Old Jan 10, 14, 10:43 pm

Devaluation or not - I have no idea - but I'm referring to the award chart on UA's site. Saver awards for 60K miles R/T to N Asia.

Jim
Old Jan 11, 14, 1:47 am

Originally Posted by yerffej201 View Post
us/ap doesn't have seperate *a and ua-metal award charts...
US does indeed have US and *A award charts although not a UA specific chart - it's covered by the *A chart. A quick look didn't reveal separate UA own-metal and *A award charts, but I can't guarantee from that that they don't.

I guess what I wonder is why thou doth protest so much - is the opinion of a retired pilot worth so much to you? According to your profile you're not a member of AP or US' FF plan, but something called "Buy Miles Club" - I haven't heard of that airline. Whatever, if you transferred miles from somewhere to US and are happy what else matters?

And with that I'm done with this...

Jim
Old Jan 11, 14, 2:00 am

US does indeed have US and *A award charts although not a UA specific chart - it's covered by the *A chart. A quick look didn't reveal separate UA own-metal and *A award charts, but I can't guarantee from that that they don't.

I guess what I wonder is why thou doth protest so much - is the opinion of a retired pilot worth so much to you? According to your profile you're not a member of AP or US' FF plan, but something called "Buy Miles Club" - I haven't heard of that airline. Whatever, if you transferred miles from somewhere to US and are happy what else matters?

And with that I'm done with this...

Jim
sorry, i meant to say that us/ap don't have their own metal charts that are worth considering, in my opinion. of course, us has their low off-peak awards, but that's about it....

buy miles club. hahahahaha yes. i like to buy usdm and lm. it is a great deal for the most part.

and yeah i think we are all happy as long as we use our points the way we want.

Jeff
Old Jan 12, 14, 9:38 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, UA , SPG Plat, Marriott Gold, United, Aeroplan, Hyatt Plat
you have to email
[email protected]
i just had my account unlocked recently. they take forever. almost 6 months for mine

Search this Thread
Search Engine: