Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Which PHL US lounge is the best?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 6:49 am
Original Poster

Which PHL US lounge is the best?

I will be spending a few hours in PHL and would like to use one of the US lounges there. For those of you who have tried multiple, which do you recommend? I see that the A one is the former Envoy Lounge, but the B/C one seems newer.

Your recommendations are much appreciated.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:16 am

Programs: US Airways Platinum 2012, Hilton Diamond
I vote for B/C depending on what gate you are leaving from for the next flight.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jwhite4304
I vote for B/C depending on what gate you are leaving from for the next flight.
Thanks. I am going to be there a long time so I can really go to which ever. Would that change your vote?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:04 am

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
A is out of the way so it probably sees less traffic (i.e. is quieter). It has great views of the airfield.

B/C is also quite nice, but at 6 AM it was busy when I last visited.

The facilities of A and B/C are comparable.

F was recently renovated, but it the smaller of the three. You'll need to take the shuttle or reclear security at Terminal F so I don't recommend bothering.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 10:05 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
A is out of the way so it probably sees less traffic (i.e. is quieter). It has great views of the airfield.

B/C is also quite nice, but at 6 AM it was busy when I last visited.

The facilities of A and B/C are comparable.

F was recently renovated, but it the smaller of the three. You'll need to take the shuttle or reclear security at Terminal F so I don't recommend bothering.
You mentioned the facilities are comparable. Would that mean things like food would be the same at A and B/C?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
Originally Posted by evthu
You mentioned the facilities are comparable. Would that mean things like food would be the same at A and B/C?
Identical. The physical plant of both is also fine and pretty equivalent (aside from the A-West club being larger, though they only open half of it until mid-afternoon when folks start collecting for the evening European rush), even though the A-West terminal and club are newer.

There's no reason to go to the F club unless going out of F. It's also the smallest of the three US clubs in the airport, but it's otherwise just fine.

Were time no object I'd go with the A-West club - bigger and usually less crowded. The B/C club is fine though and I only go to A-West when I have a flight departing in the area. There's also a UA Club between C and D if you have a way in there, though I don't think much of it, and the best lounge in the airport is in my opinion the shared AA/BA lounge near A14, but you either need to be an AA Admirals Club club member or flying BA in a premium class to get in. Hopefully that's one we can get in as US Club members early next year.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:42 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by phlwookie
and the best lounge in the airport is in my opinion the shared AA/BA lounge near A14, but you either need to be an AA Admirals Club club member or flying BA in a premium class to get in. Hopefully that's one we can get in as US Club members early next year.
When entering the US Club near A20 in PHX on Friday, the agent checking me in told me that we can now use the AA Admirals Clubs, and provided a printed out listing of their locations. I didn't ask.... it seems like they were telling everyone when they were entering. So while not a "printed" benefit at the moment, they certainly are marketing it in the clubs.

I would go with the AA Club near A14, hands down. But, the B/C Club isn't bad either. It does get a bit crowded sometimes, but never seems overwhelming.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 2:44 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
What do you mean by, "several hours?"

If more than 3, I'd skip the clubs and just go into town. Far better (IMHO) than spending any time in a stuffy airport lounge.

NOTE: there's tons more info on things to do at PHL in our thread here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...a-airport.html
Old Dec 15, 2013, 3:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, AA 1MM LT GLD, SPG PLAT, National Exec Selc, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by hginPHL
When entering the US Club near A20 in PHX on Friday, the agent checking me in told me that we can now use the AA Admirals Clubs, and provided a printed out listing of their locations. I didn't ask.... it seems like they were telling everyone when they were entering. So while not a "printed" benefit at the moment, they certainly are marketing it in the clubs.

I would go with the AA Club near A14, hands down. But, the B/C Club isn't bad either. It does get a bit crowded sometimes, but never seems overwhelming.
That's just not true. Reciprocal lounge access will likely be in place in the next 30-60 days. But it isn't in place now.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 4:29 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors-Diamond, Marriott-Silver, SPG-Gold
Wouldn't hurt to go to the AA Club in the A Concourse and ask. Worst they could do is turn you down. I was there last weekend and they were VERY helpful and accommodating.

While it may not be officially in place yet, it has been mentioned twice in this thread http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...-thread-7.html
that US Clubs were, unsolicited, handing out lists of Admiral's Club locations and indicating that US Club members could use them.

Same thing happened to a buddy of mine that is Chairman on US. I consider him a reliable source. He has no reason to make up the exact same information I read in the thread cited.

Originally Posted by sts603
That's just not true. Reciprocal lounge access will likely be in place in the next 30-60 days. But it isn't in place now.
Old Dec 16, 2013, 6:59 am

Programs: None
Just to clarify, there are two "A" concourses in PHL - A and A-West. A has the Admirals Club and A-West has the US club (the old Envoy club). As previously mentioned, unless you're going to be in A-West anyway, that club is a pretty good hike from the other US gates on B/C concourses whereas the A concourse is close to B/C.

Jim
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:31 am

The PHL site refers to them as A-East and A-West. On the map, gates A14-17 appear to be in the main building rather than a concourse, and behind A-West ticketing. The US Club is "mezzanine level between gates A15 and A16."
Old Dec 16, 2013, 7:46 am

Programs: None
You are correct - the old reference to A-con from before A-West existed tripped me up.

The connector between A-East/West has those three or four gates as well as a shuttle bus stop. It is much like between B and C except about twice as long and no food court there last time I was over that way (a few years ago and the places to eat were mostly at the base of A-West).

The A-West US club is indeed at/near the base of A-West, closer to the end of A-West than B.

Jim
Old Dec 16, 2013, 5:45 pm

Programs: US CP/AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Marriott PLT, National Exec Elite, Avis 1st
Originally Posted by sts603
All I can tell you is what they told me in PHX. I didn't ask about it, they volunteered the information, and handed me an actual paper printout/letter with the AA Club locations. I'm not sure why they would do that if they were not extending the benefit as some sort of soft launch.
Old Dec 17, 2013, 5:04 am

Programs: AS / CSR / AMEX
Originally Posted by hginPHL
All I can tell you is what they told me in PHX. I didn't ask about it, they volunteered the information, and handed me an actual paper printout/letter with the AA Club locations. I'm not sure why they would do that if they were not extending the benefit as some sort of soft launch.
Maybe it's some sort of backup measure in case one of the two lounges gets too busy?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.