FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   New Consolidated US/AA FlyerTalk forum has opened (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1529239-new-consolidated-us-aa-flyertalk-forum-has-opened.html)

AZ Travels the World Dec 9, 2013 12:26 pm

New Consolidated US/AA FlyerTalk forum has opened

Moderator Note

Please note that a new forum has been created for the freshly-merged American Airlines and US Airways.

You can find it here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...solidated-733/

In that forum, linked to by a sticky redirect here, is http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...fp-2014-a.html, a FFP merger FAQ with factual replies from knowledgeable members.

In the forum list on FlyerTalk, this forum, as well as the legacy American Airlines forum, are now sub-forums of the the new Consolidated American forum.

The new forum is intended for speculation and discussion related to the merger and the new airline as changes are being made. Please continue to use this forum for US-specific issues that are not yet impacted by merger developments.

Over the next couple of years, as the merger becomes complete, that new consolidated forum will take over and these sub-forums will be closed. But that is a long ways off, so in the meantime please be mindful to post your topics in the correct forum. Don't hesitate to contact one of us via Private Message if you have any questions.

Thank you for your cooperation!

AZ Travels the World and aztimm
US (and now AA) Forum Moderators

bkafrick Dec 9, 2013 12:48 pm

This makes me sad.

I was ok with the new airline, but was hoping we'd keep the separate forums for a bit.

AZ Travels the World Dec 9, 2013 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 21933262)
This makes me sad.

I was ok with the new airline, but was hoping we'd keep the separate forums for a bit.

We are keeping the separate forums -- for more than 'a bit.' Likely years.

The new forum is just for discussion of the combined entity -- merger developments and speculation about what's to come (or not).

Otherwise, all current US-specific issues can continue to be discussed in the US forum.

-AZ

aztimm Dec 9, 2013 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 21933262)
This makes me sad.

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World (Post 21933283)
We are keeping the separate forums -- for more than 'a bit.' Likely years.

The new forum is just for discussion of the combined entity -- merger developments and speculation about what's to come (or not).

Otherwise, all current US-specific issues can continue to be discussed in the US forum.

-AZ

For those of you who went through the US-HP merger, you may recall that we did a similar setup.
We had separate forums for each airline--for at least 3-4 years--along with the main forum for the combined airline. It really doesn't seem like that long ago since we retired our former child forums ;)

bkafrick Dec 9, 2013 3:52 pm

Originally Posted by AZ Travels the World (Post 21933283)

Ah, ok. So you'll be moving threads started in the "new" AA forum to the existing forums if they're dealing with existing issues?

AZ Travels the World Dec 9, 2013 3:57 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 21934659)
Ah, ok. So you'll be moving threads started in the "new" AA forum to the existing forums if they're dealing with existing issues?

Yes, that's our intention. The new forum is for discussion of all things NEW American -- whether announced or speculative. The latter being 99.9% of the content at the moment. ;)

dougt Jun 23, 2014 4:00 pm

So far this merger has only scrwed me over in various ways. I was fine as an US preferred flyer. Now the merger has me so frustrated, I'm burning all my FF miles so I can start using a new carrier.

-The direct flight I was taking 10-20 times a year from DC National to San Diego: no longer exist.

-Flying to europe, too bad. No longer have Star Alliance. The new club is very limited in comparison.

-Book a flight through US Air website, half on US Air, half on American....no FF 5000 mile discount for having their credit card (cancelling), has to be on US Air for all segments.

-The kicker, just used FF miles and traveled on US air out and wanted to change my return ticket date due to a clients' needs. Nope, not possible. The return is on American and thus I can't change an "affiliate" ticket when you've already started travel. Yup, use it or lose it. Throwing a FIRST CLASS ticket in the trash. If I had booked both ways on US air, it would be $150 for the change to another 1st class ticket, instead, I am throwing 30k miles away and paying for another ticket and extra fees for the short-notice changes.

First lesson: don't book anything on US that is operated by American. Second lesson: find a new airline to do business with. The best I can see, this "merger" only helps the corporation, the travelers get nothing out of it but being bent over.

Dave Noble Mar 20, 2015 5:33 pm

The flight which you took no longer operating may have nothing to do with the merger

I will definitely agree that having to use One World for redemptions is a negative and personally think it is a shame that the merged entity didn't go for Star

The 5k discount being for US only isn't a new thing is it?

The rule regarding changes not being permitted after departure where travel is on partners is not new and existed before the merger. Any changes were required to be made before departure