Community
Wiki Posts
Search

THANK YOU, US Airways FF'ers

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:17 pm
Original Poster

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....

On December 9, 2013, not only will I celebrate my birthday, but the birthday of the new American Airlines. I am hopeful and looking forward to the future working at the world's largest carrier.

I started with Piedmont Airlines in 1987 and boy, have I seen many changes.

But one thing that hasn't changed are the kind FF'ers encountered every day. Yeah, the small few can make you crazy, but the overwhelming have always been so kind professional, and dedicated. Our Dividend Miles members have endured so much over the years. For those who have been with us thru the many years as well as those new to US Airways, I say

THANK YOU!!!^

Last edited by flight62; Dec 4, 2013 at 5:23 pm
Old Dec 4, 2013, 5:44 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Classy post. ^

You and your colleagues have always taken good care of me and I thank you.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by flight62
Yeah, the small few can make you crazy, but the overwhelming have always been so kind professional, and dedicated.
I would probably say the same about the many FAs I have met. Of course, there is always, "the best of the best" ... thanks flight62!
Old Dec 4, 2013, 8:35 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MMer & LT UC (when flying UA); Hyatt Credit Cardist; HHonors Diamond; Marriott Gold via UA 1K
The ex-PI employees are the cream of the crop. AA fliers are in for a real treat when they fly with an ex-PI crew. ^
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:50 pm

Programs: AAExP, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Gold, IHG Spire, Marriott Plat
I wish I could end up flying with you.... and, who knows, I may have already!

How would I know?

At any rate, congrats on your birthday! Hope it's a happy one!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 6:15 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Happy birthday, flight62, and, thank you and all your colleagues!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 7:02 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by dcpatti
Happy birthday, flight62, and, thank you and all your colleagues!
+ 1 ^^

Loyal member since 1985 (Piedmont days). Like any long term relationship, there've been ups and downs, and changes. Overall, it's been great (the fact that I'm still CP is a testament to that).

Names may change over the years, but core values don't. Looking forward to a new chapter combining the best of US and AA ...
Old Dec 5, 2013, 10:53 am
Suspended

Programs: AA EXP; UA Silver; Marriott Platinum Premier; Hilton Gold; Hyatt Platinum; National Executive Elite
A very classy post indeed. Thank you flight62, and many thanks to your co-workers as well. I am a recent convert to US (came from DL and AA, talk about going full circle! ). My experience on US over the past 14 months has only made me wish I had switched to US sooner. The professionalism and dedication I experience each week has been outstanding. Thank you to all US employees for making this a great travel year for me. I plan to continue to fly US/AA through the merger and am looking forward to the best of both airlines coming together. US will always hold fond memories for this CP.
THANK YOU!!!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by outwrdbound
A very classy post indeed. Thank you flight62, and many thanks to your co-workers as well. I am a recent convert to US (came from DL and AA, talk about going full circle! ). My experience on US over the past 14 months has only made me wish I had switched to US sooner. The professionalism and dedication I experience each week has been outstanding. Thank you to all US employees for making this a great travel year for me. I plan to continue to fly US/AA through the merger and am looking forward to the best of both airlines coming together. US will always hold fond memories for this CP.
THANK YOU!!!
I'll +1 this. Happy birthday to you flight62! Make it a great day!
Old Dec 5, 2013, 12:50 pm

Programs: Choice Hotels/FFOCUS
Great post & happy birthday Flt 62.
Old Dec 5, 2013, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Happy birthday Flight62! Thank you and your co-workers for all of your hard work and dedication!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 7:25 am

Happy birthday! And I add my thanks to all of you who have stuck with us through a lot of thick and thin over the years. I'm an old Piedmont girl myself, I started flying in 1978 (the year of deregulation) and have watched this industry go through so many changes.
Just got an email yesterday stating December 31st is the last day we can wear any Heritage pieces of our uniform (including our airplane scarf). Another era gone
Happy holidays to all and fly safe!
Old Dec 8, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Sixt Platinum, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum, Avis First, Caesars TR Diamond, Mlife Gold
Hi from a 1985 PSA flyer, those were the days!! My one and only Piedmont flight was outstanding! That and Republic were great airlines, along with AirCal will be missed.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 6:30 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Marriott Life Plat
Originally Posted by flight62
On December 9, 2013, not only will I celebrate my birthday, but the birthday of the new American Airlines... I started with Piedmont Airlines in 1987 and boy, have I seen many changes.
Thank you for all the years of service that you and the rest of the ex-PI staff have provided through the years. I know many of the changes haven't been easy on y'all either.

I started as a FF with Piedmont back in the mid-90s myself. I've enjoyed many fine flights with PI and then US over the years, though it seems like many of the best have been with folks who started out with Piedmont.

Happy birthday to you, and best of luck with the next round of changes.
Old Dec 8, 2013, 8:20 pm

Programs: IHG Plat, HH Gold, EZ Pass Plat, Starbucks Gold, Whatever flight is cheapest
Thanks USAir/USAirways for being the airline of my adulthood and for starting me off on my little paths of adventure. ALB-PIT and ALB-DCA were always the start of something good. ALB-PHL wellll, you just lost my luggage...again...and again... but I always got it back.

Best of luck to all of you.

Happy birthday flight62!

And GalleyWench- sounds like you need to set up a scarf/tie trade program like UA/CO did.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.