FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Fewest people on a flight? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1526774-fewest-people-flight.html)

hardyden Dec 2, 13 11:48 am

Fewest people on a flight?

What is the fewest number of people you've had on your flight?

For me: 11

USAir CUN to CLT on A321. 8 of us were in FC. FC had to move into coach for takeoff to distribute the weight.

We had great service!!

sjpmurph01 Dec 2, 13 11:56 am

A few years ago on a large aircraft SAN-PHL - I can't recall exactly which - I'd say we had no more than 20 people. I was really surprised when they had to relocate people for takeoff on such a large plane.

Earlier this year I had a short hop EWR-PHL on a Dash-8 with 3 pax. They didn't bother gate checking our larger carry-ons since there was more than enough under-seat storage available.

pdpgps Dec 2, 13 12:05 pm

That's crazy! 11 people on A321. Talk about operating expenses> revenue

methodman Dec 2, 13 12:10 pm

Originally Posted by pdpgps (Post 21888249)

It happens. The plane has to get to some other place, and maybe it makes some revenue on the next leg.

methodman Dec 2, 13 12:10 pm

Similar threads:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trave...+people+flight

tommyleo Dec 2, 13 1:58 pm

Originally Posted by hardyden (Post 21888153)
What is the fewest number of people you've had on your flight?

For me: 11

USAir CUN to CLT on A321. 8 of us were in FC. FC had to move into coach for takeoff to distribute the weight.

We had great service!!

Was this recent? Or during the Swine Flu scare?

tommyleo Dec 2, 13 1:59 pm

Originally Posted by pdpgps (Post 21888249)

Maybe all the pax paid $10,000 each? :D

149113 Dec 2, 13 2:13 pm

Had a short late night flight on an A319 from DCA to PHL a few years ago and there were just 4 people on the flight

BoeingBoy Dec 2, 13 2:34 pm

Not counting ferry flights, 1 paying passenger on a 727 and 4 non-revs plus an FAA inspector on a 737-300.

Jim

hardyden Dec 2, 13 2:41 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 21888996)
Was this recent? Or during the Swine Flu scare?

Last month. There's was a full A332 that left Cancun going to CLT 30 mins before my flight.

rickCT01 Dec 2, 13 3:22 pm

back in 1990 or '91 I was flying from PHL to Worcester, MA back when they had service there. More than once I was the ONLY passenger on the plane arriving at 11 pm. They were never able to make that airport profitable, too bad.

AlphaTango Dec 2, 13 5:37 pm

It was once just me and the FA on a dash 8 last flight of the day PHF-PHL. I guess the plane and/or crew had to be in PHL for the next day.

tommyleo Dec 2, 13 6:01 pm

Originally Posted by hardyden (Post 21889352)
Last month. There's was a full A332 that left Cancun going to CLT 30 mins before my flight.

OK, now that's weird.

Jim, can you explain this one? Why would US have an apparently "extra" aircraft in CUN? :confused:

CPRich Dec 2, 13 7:49 pm

There are several threads that have covered this topic over the years.

I was the sole passenger on a US mainline narrow-body (727/737?) between BWI and CLT several years ago. I sat in my favorite 2D, and felt compelled to pay attention to the safety briefing.

Iirc from the various threads, this is still the highest empty seat to passenger ratio posted.

rw_cessna_flyer Dec 2, 13 7:57 pm

Last winter, sole passenger ELM-PHL. FA gave me a free beer and some big bag of nuts!