Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Fewest people on a flight?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 3, 2013, 3:53 pm

Programs: Delta GM, Marriott Gold, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold, Hertz Five Star
Sometime last April I was on a WN 738 (when they were new-ish) BWI-RDU with no more than 20 pax on board.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:20 pm

Some years ago, SAW (Istanbul) to BRU (Brussels) on Pegasus Airlines on a Boeing 737 800, single class configuration. Must have been 10-15 places. I remember there was nobody in the 4/5 rows before nor after me and people were all spread like that, one here and there. Additionally its low cost and I paid like 50 euros, or about 60 usd.. So they probably had a turnover of 500-1000 euros on that flight..
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:27 pm

Originally Posted by tuchop
5 passangers and 2 or 3 crew members from PDP (Punta del Este, Uruguay) to AEP (Aeroparque, Argentina) in an Embraer 190 from Austral Lineas Aereas (Aerolineas Argentinas) last Ferbruary. And some people wonder why AR looses so much money.
According to Kircher and her fans the company is in very healthy condition and for sure not getting any government funding to keep it alive :-).

And they are still ridiculously expensive.. I hope they won't bully LAN away in the Domestic transport in Argentina, the only relatively affordable option (I fly TUC-AEP once in a while). Last time LAN did rebook my on a flight the day after without realizing i booked connecting flights to London through Rio with TAM, which is owned by LAN, so my 'new' flight (they never called or mailed me to inform me, I found out by coincidence) would arrive after my flights out of Argentina would leave..

I called them immediately and they rebooked me on a earlier flight (one before the cancelled one in stead of one after that), they said I had no right on hotel or anything like it. Upon arrival in Buenos Aires I complained again and they booked me transportoin to an NH hotel and continuing the day after to EZE.. uuf. Oh plus 200 USD or 400 to fly with them again (no need)
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:47 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Similar situation for me. There were storms up and down the coast, and I think the previous BWI-CLT flight was delayed and left about 30 minutes before mine, with most of the pax that were supposed to travel with me. My penchant for arriving just in time meant there were only two left for my flight, and the other was a no-show. We must have flown parallel with the storm front, as there was a fantastic light show for the entire flight.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
Originally Posted by soxfanndc
I don't remember the exact date but I DO remember that it was the first day commercial aviation resumed after 9/11 (so maybe 9/13ish)
Yep, that was 9/13. I was on a SFO-PIT redeye that day and also had a very low load. I remember being asked whether I wanted a single seat in F or a full row in Y. I took the F seat and then went back and found an empty Y row to nap. There were probably 30 passenger on (iirc) either a 757 or an A321.

Certainly the quietest terminal and flight I've ever experienced.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 4:59 pm

Programs: AA Exec Platinum
Was on a flight from SCE --> PHL w/ 4 people.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: QF Silver
I was one of 3 pax on a 737 SFO > LAX the second day after flights were resumed after 9/11. Gate agent was not amused when I requested a center seat between 2 other pax. Surprisingly none of us received an opup or even a second round of peanuts.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:25 pm

Programs: AA - Plat, HHonors - Diamond, IHG - Plat, Marriott - Gold, National - Exec, Amtrak - Select, NEXUS
20 on a mainline flight, 7 on a commercial Cessna

2009 Flying ATL-PHL on DL. IRROPS all day long, due to midday thuderstorms causing a multi-hour shutdown of all activity.

I get my corporate TA to book me on a flight originally expected to depart at 5ish, but was gradually delayed to 6, then 7, then past 8:30. Another flight to PHL was leaving from the adjacent gate and as my flight kept getting bumped, it stayed firm as an 8:15 departure as originally scheduled.

All kinds of people getting themselves on that flight, and I notice some people jumping ship from my flight to the 8:15 via standby, of which plenty cleared because of the massive misconnects happening that day. I didn't bother trying to switch. That flight went out full and tempers were running high as the GA was trying to clear the standby list. I love my hometown (Fly Eagles Fly!), but we can sure be a surly bunch when things don't go our way. I bet that flight was a miserable one for the FAs.

As soon as the 8:15 pushed back we started boarding our flight, but I realized that 90% of the people waiting at the gate were gone, cramming themselves on the full flight. We had probably 20 people on a 3/3 coach layout type aircraft (733 maybe? I didn't really know what was what then in my pre-FF days). Once we were underway, the FAs told us to sit wherever we wanted and everyone had their own row of 3 seats to themselves.

This is a better story than flying ATL-MCN on LW (callsign "Tsumani") earlier that week. Only time I ever flew commercial and had to use a harness (I think it was 4 point, but maybe 5). There were 7 paying passengers out 10 seats on a Cessna Grand Caravan EX, and I chatted with the pilot as we walked together from the bus to the aircraft. Oh, and I was actually weighed with my carry-on at the gate at check-in.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 6:47 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Originally Posted by pa3lsvt
This is a better story than flying ATL-MCN on LW (callsign "Tsumani") earlier that week. Only time I ever flew commercial and had to use a harness (I think it was 4 point, but maybe 5). There were 7 paying passengers out 10 seats on a Cessna Grand Caravan EX, and I chatted with the pilot as we walked together from the bus to the aircraft. Oh, and I was actually weighed with my carry-on at the gate at check-in.
You just reminded me how jealous I am one of my friends who was asked to fly shotgun on a CapeAir flight BOS-RUT for weight balance 2 or so years ago. According to him the instructions were simply "Don't. Touch. Anything."
Old Dec 4, 2013, 9:57 pm

4 people on a YWG - MSP Delta partner flight. All the Diet Coke I could handle.
Old Dec 6, 2013, 5:51 am

Programs: US Airways Gold, DL Silver, Avis First, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Hyatt Plat
I took a dash 8 from PHL to SYR and there were 6 people on it...
Old Dec 6, 2013, 1:56 pm

Programs: AA Plat, Bonvoy Gold, SkyMiles Dirt
Flew from ATL-CLT when I was in college with myself and one other person on an MD-88. It was my first time in FC Unfortunately the flight was only 28min...Last flight of the night and had to ferry folks back to ATL in the morning.
Old Dec 7, 2013, 2:14 am
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
POZ-WAW on LO: two deadheading LO F/A's, an elderly lady and I. On ATR72 (64 seats).
Old Dec 7, 2013, 3:32 am

Programs: AA EXP, Global Entry
the day B6 launched service JFK-PWM. The last flight of the day I was one of 6 pax on an A320.
Old Dec 15, 2013, 9:15 pm
In Memoriam, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA EXP/MM, DL GM, UA Platinum, HH DIA, Hyatt Explorist, IHG Platinum, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
Christmas Day, 2011. CLT-FLO on a CRJ-200. A grand total of six people including me and yet the f/a still couldn't do a drinks service

Years ago, I took a Saturday morning 737-400 from GSO-LGA (back when the route was 100% mainline, this was probably 2000 or so) and it had about 30 people on it. That was a very nice flight ^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.