Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

FA threatened to kick me off because I had my Kindle on while still at the gate

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FA threatened to kick me off because I had my Kindle on while still at the gate

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:32 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by VLtone
Wow.

This is the type of thing that infuriates me. I would be spending the next week trying to get her fired.
Really? This is how you want to spend Thanksgiving? Getting someone fired?

I hope you never make a mistake at your job and you don't have an idiot asking for your job dismissal.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:32 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: HH Diamond, Marriott Gold, IHG Gold, Hyatt something
Originally Posted by threepackape
ummm... NO... I do not want anybody fired. Besides, she's way too hot to be fired. She was probably the 3rd hottest FA that I had ever encountered in the last 25 years.
If you think that type of behavior is fine because "she's hot", then don't start threads about it. Totally unacceptable behavior.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:43 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by Jaimito Cartero
If you think that type of behavior is fine because "she's hot", then don't start threads about it. Totally unacceptable behavior.
And it's not like he's getting anything from her either.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 1:44 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick
Really? This is how you want to spend Thanksgiving? Getting someone fired?

I hope you never make a mistake at your job and you don't have an idiot asking for your job dismissal.
The mistake has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that she threw his property at him. She can get a job somewhere that doesn't involve customer interaction.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:18 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Besides, she's way too hot to be fired. She was probably the 3rd hottest FA that I had ever encountered in the last 25 years.
Yet you continue to enable her due to her looks while complaining about her rude and unprofessional behavior?
Old Nov 25, 2013, 2:21 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, National Executive
Originally Posted by VLtone
The mistake has nothing to do with it. It's the fact that she threw his property at him. She can get a job somewhere that doesn't involve customer interaction.
Or a job where she can throw things.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 3:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I'm confused. Were there numerous announcements that all devices had to be turned off before this dimwit FA went off on the OP? I'm a little surprised that nobody came to the OP's defense like in the blind guy/seeing eye dog thread.

I would have quietly, calmly asked her to go ahead and summon those airport police and US Airways inflight management. And based on her bizarre behaviour, I would have asked her if she was under the influence of alcohol or medication. As soon as I did that, she's the one leaving the plane ahead of me.

Hand over my electronic device? Only if she could pry it from my cold, dead hands.

Front-line employees who throw electronic devices (and suffer from obvious anger management issues) should be fired. She's clearly not up to the task of aviation safety professional (flight attendant). From the sounds of things, she's not even up to the task of waitressing.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:12 pm

Originally Posted by Often1
None of the Express carriers have FAA approval for their revised policies yet. US does.
Actually, PSA has approval
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:15 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by avidtravellife
And Air Wisconsin, judging by the announcement that was made in the cabin today.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:53 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avidtravellife
when did this happen? my connecting flight was on a PSA CRJ and the flight attendant also announced "NO"(at least until cursing altitude.... (but I kept the Kindle in my bag because of the encounter on the previous mainline flight)

Last edited by threepackape; Nov 25, 2013 at 5:58 pm
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:11 pm

Programs: US DM Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
Need a physical description of said FA before I can render a judgement. A comp to a celebrity is acceptable.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 6:36 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
Technically, you are required to comply with an FA's instruction while on the plane. Even with the new electronic device policies, it ultimately comes down to complying with FA instructions. So you were correct not to get combative with her saying that she was in the wrong.

Now that certainly doesn't excuse what seems to be rude behavior. You should absolutely report this to US, and just state the facts. They'll investigate the matter to determine if the FA needs to be advised of the recent changes, or requires any further attitude adjustment. You're doing the rest of us a disservice if you let her off the hook just because you're still waiting for her to reply to your Missed Connection on Craigslist.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:17 pm

Programs: US CP, Marriott Life Platinum, AVIS 1st
ummm... NO... I do not want anybody fired. Besides, she's way too hot to be fired. She was probably the 3rd hottest FA that I had ever encountered in the last 25 years.
Did you get her number - phone number...
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP; Owner, Green Bay Packers
Cool

Hmmmm.....

Sounds like she needs a spanking.
Old Nov 25, 2013, 8:59 pm

Programs: AA Plat, MR AMB + (LTT) , Hertz PC, UA Silver, HH Gold
First of all, im sure some of this story is exaggerated. I doubt she actually threw the kindle at you. But im really hoping you didnt over exaggerate the hotness.

But that is all besides the point. The main point is the FA.

Did you get a pic of the FA? Pics or it never happened.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.