Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Cancelled Flight, not really cancelled, Fall Kickback promotion, Preferred Trial

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Cancelled Flight, not really cancelled, Fall Kickback promotion, Preferred Trial

Search this Thread

Old Nov 21, 2013, 3:03 am
Original Poster

So I had a flight booked that was going to complete our Preferred Trial BIS mileage requirement last weekend. I called ~8 hrs prior to flight to upgrade one of 2 of 4 passengers on our booking as a seat was available but I could not make the change......
US preferred rep advised I could not upgrade as I no longer had a flight. THe flight form CLT to SAN was cancelled and now my flight the next am was cancelled due to aircraft being in CLT vs SAN. I told the agent that it was not listed online as cancelled and I hadnt been notified of cancelled and he said I would have likely been notified in the next few hours. He took my family of 4 off that flight & rebooked us on Alaska Air. We ended up with a nonstop and no routing thru charlotte for our fall promotion and as well we now dont have BIS on US aircraft.
I need to call preferred line tomorrow to have credit given for the flight we originally booked. THe agent who rebooked my ticket said it would not be an issue. I will get credit for both promotions.

Last problem is the flight that was "cancelled" was never cancelled- both segments of what I was originally booked on departed on time & landed (I looked out of curiosity that afternoon ). I wonder if this is going to be an issue when I call for credit?
Old Nov 21, 2013, 5:06 am

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
You should be able to request 'original routing credit' without issue. I'd assume that won't interfere with completing your trial, since these flights will post with the the original date flown that you intended.

No idea what happened in the system to cause the phantom cancellation. Their system will have a record at least of what agent you were dealing with in case any re-training is in order.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 6:20 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Call preferred desk, explain the situation and ask for original routing credit as the post above suggests. Explain that you booked your original flights in part to complete the preferred trial. If the agent sounds clueless, be nice and ask for a supervisor ( some agents wouldn't know what the orignal routing credit is ). And yes, this should not be a problem. I got ORC after being accommodated OAL.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:10 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
ORC is easy. Getting BIS credit a lot tougher. Best of luck.
Old Nov 21, 2013, 7:30 pm
Suspended

Programs: US CP ; LH FTL ; *G
Originally Posted by Often1
ORC is easy. Getting BIS credit a lot tougher. Best of luck.
Sometimes I wonder if you ever think before you post. Do you have first-hand knowledge/experience with cases when ORC posted but BIS didn't? Because, you know, ORC in this case ( if given ) would post as PQMs/segments flown on US metal.
Old Nov 22, 2013, 6:38 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
ORC has also been much less generous in the past year or so. I have four or five emails from the Chairman's desk that essentially say "we gave you what you wound up flying, but if you're short a segment for requalification at year end, send this in".
Old Nov 22, 2013, 10:15 am
Original Poster

appears to be resolved

one phone call, one rep. told them I was rerouted on Alaska Air and wanted ORC. the rep made it sound like I almost didn't even need to bother calling that they credit OR always when rerouted for this type of situation, but that didn't really make sense as she had to put me onhold to take care of all of it. about 5-10 minutes on hold and she corrected all 4 of the travel parties flights and all of our segments that we were supposed to be on posted and miles.

We shall see if my preferred trial is completed and if I get the fall kickback but the rep mostly sounded like OF COURSE you would, anything else I can help you with.....

what a different tune compared to the last 2 weeks of US airways vacations being a complete nuisance. Sent wrong tickets, didn't provide the items advertised, rude when calling in to check on the errors, etc
Old Nov 22, 2013, 2:20 pm

A similar thing happened to me during my trial... US had to re-route me on AA. I requested a ORC and the miles from the original routing counted toward the trial.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.