Wiki Posts
Search

Traveling on separate reservations

Search this Thread

Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Traveling on separate reservations

Hello! I searched, but didn't find much helpful.

I booked a ticket for myself a week or two ago, then a friend of mine decided to join me on the trip. I booked a ticket for him and called to see if I could join the PNRs so he could get upgraded with me if I am, but they couldn't do that.

Anyone have any words of advice for getting this done if at all possible?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:52 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K 1.8MM, Hertz PC, Marriott Platinum/Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by higgies
Hello! I searched, but didn't find much helpful.

I booked a ticket for myself a week or two ago, then a friend of mine decided to join me on the trip. I booked a ticket for him and called to see if I could join the PNRs so he could get upgraded with me if I am, but they couldn't do that.

Anyone have any words of advice for getting this done if at all possible?
You can't "join" or "link" two/separate PNRs. Period.
Each booking/PNR is a self-contained entity.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:58 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Plat
Yeah, I'm finding that out. At least I was able to call and have them seat the person with me in the exit row.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:43 pm

You can call and ask them to link the reservations; I just did this on UA for an upcoming family trip. All that really does is put a note in each referencing the other PNR that in theory an agent doing a rebooking could see, though in reality I doubt anyone ever looks at them.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.