US Airways FC New Snack Basket

Old Nov 17, 13, 4:03 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US Chairman, Marriott Platinum (Lifetime), Hilton Gold, Hertz President's Circle
US Airways FC New Snack Basket

OK. This may be a bit nit-picky, but what's the deal with the new snack basket in first class on US Airways? It's absolutely terrible.
On a flight from SLC to PHL I watched all 12 people in FC pick through the basket looking for something edible, only to decide to take nothing.
Here's my 2 suggestions to the folks at US Airways:
1. Bring back the old snack basket
2. Find the person responsible for the new basket and make them eat the puffed blueberry cinnamon cardboard crisps left over from every flight.
Old Nov 17, 13, 4:13 pm

Programs: Gold US Air, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Plat
I feel snotty agreeing...but I do. The things I would have done on some flights to get a bag or two of the former cranberry trail mix stuff. Now I have the dietary cocoa sweet-and-low flavored almonds. Thank goodness the bloody marys have been changed
Old Nov 17, 13, 4:42 pm

Programs: AA EXP / HH Diamond
Is this the version with the cinnamon popcorn?
Old Nov 17, 13, 4:45 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
Originally Posted by bundrock View Post
Now I have the dietary cocoa sweet-and-low flavored almonds.
These are the only thing edible in the basket. The old snack mix was great and I wonder why they ditched it.
Old Nov 17, 13, 4:58 pm

Programs: US, HH
I miss the old snack mix too, it was pretty good. I like the biscotti in the new basket though.
Old Nov 17, 13, 5:06 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I hope they still have the Kettle chips. I will find out next week. Or you could tell me now.
Old Nov 17, 13, 5:45 pm

Location: Stuck Between the Moon and CLD or SAN, Your local Taco Bell
Programs: AA EXP/LT PLT, DL PM, UA Silver, SPG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
I actually like the almonds and blueberry puffy things... but how could they take away the chocobillys?!?!?! The horror!
Old Nov 17, 13, 6:14 pm

Programs: AA Exp, MM, UA
Not a big fan of the current snack basket lineup. Miss the choc chip cookies, and not fond of the chocolate dusted almonds. Also, there was a time that some really good potato chips were in the basket, imho that isn't the case currently.
Old Nov 17, 13, 7:26 pm

Programs: free agent
Originally Posted by apeortdz View Post
I hope they still have the Kettle chips. I will find out next week. Or you could tell me now.
The new kettle chips are rainbow chips - purple, golden and plain potato. I like them - but they're nowhere near as good as the Cape Cod ones from last year.

Those Rice Krispie blueberry puffy thingies aren't too bad, IMHO. Hungry people eat anything though.
Old Nov 17, 13, 7:32 pm

Programs: US CP, Hilton Diamond, SPG Platinum, Marriott Platinum
Yep, I actually rather like the current basket mix. The blueberry puff things are decent and I get the Kosmos Cinnamon puff things almost every flight, with the Cocoa Almonds mixed in a decent bit.
Old Nov 17, 13, 7:32 pm

Programs: AA CK 7mm, Bonvoy LT Plat, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
What's a snack basket? From a forlorn AAEXP. Dreading Dougie. DCA to ORD. Rare roast beef on a bed of greens. Bar service and hot chocolate chip cookies. Snack basket?....
Old Nov 17, 13, 7:36 pm

Programs: AA-EXP, MR-PP
I like the blueberry puffs and cinnamon puffs. Love Cocoa almonds and rainbow chips are not half bad at all. Definitely some healthier choices. ^
Old Nov 17, 13, 8:12 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by rowingman View Post
What's a snack basket? From a forlorn AAEXP. Dreading Dougie. DCA to ORD. Rare roast beef on a bed of greens. Bar service and hot chocolate chip cookies. Snack basket?....
Since US doesn't serve meals on flights less than 3.5 hours (some exceptions for competitive reasons), if there's no meal you get the snack basket in FC (which is most of the flights).

Jim
Old Nov 17, 13, 10:00 pm

Programs: AA EP
Originally Posted by rowingman View Post
I believe that Mr Parker has kept his promise in that 'The basket' is only available for non-meal flights or 'coast-to-coast' ones- 'http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace/usairways_june2013/#/8'. For other US domestic flights, there's a single bag of snack mix (one can always beg for more!). Yep I missed those crushed pepper kettle chips^ back a few years ago.
Old Nov 17, 13, 10:14 pm

Programs: AA CK 7mm, Bonvoy LT Plat, VS, former UA, UA no longer, never, ever, QF
Originally Posted by longnguk View Post
I believe that Mr Parker has kept his promise in that 'The basket' is only available for non-meal flights or 'coast-to-coast' ones- 'http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/pace/usairways_june2013/#/8'. For other US domestic flights, there's a single bag of snack mix (one can always beg for more!). Yep I missed those crushed pepper kettle chips^ back a few years ago.
I find this thread incredibly disheartening. AA fliers can only hope that Mr Parker does not trash AA. Perhaps the upgraded experience Delta and the empty promises of Smisek to do better at UA on service and in flight experience might keep AA from becoming a sheep dipped Cactus.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: