Equipment: B757

Related Threads:
Summer 2014 Flights from CLT
US B757-200 (European Version)
Print Wikipost

New Summer 2014 Route PHL-Edinburgh

Old Nov 19, 2013, 3:10 am

Programs: None
I'll take your word for it as your memory is probably better than mine.

Oops, the investor guidance shows 2 A332s coming in the 4th quarter of this year. Since we're halfway through that, I assume that there will be 1 and possibly 2 A332s still coming. Recall that Airbus couldn't deliver 1 to US while the government was shut down - the FAA folks who issue registration numbers weren't working - so that may have slowed down the rest of the deliveries but I doubt it since the production line was still going normally.

Jim
Old Nov 19, 2013, 4:40 am
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Mod note:

If you'd like to discuss the US-AA merger, we have a dedicated thread for that here:
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-ai...eave-star.html

Fleet stats for both US and AA can easily be found here (thanks to the AA mods for putting this together, please PM one of them if you see errors):
http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/ameri...ts-please.html

Let's keep the focus of this thread on the new 2014 US route PHL-EDI.

Thanks.

aztimm
Old Nov 19, 2013, 6:52 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Cabins

I'm guessing this will be one of the 757s with Envoy. Is the hard product the same on the EDI as it is on the Glasgow flight? Angle-flat seats? AVOD?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:15 am
PHL
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA PLT, DL SLV, UA SLV, MR LTT, HH DIA
Originally Posted by Dreamworks
I'm guessing this will be one of the 757s with Envoy. Is the hard product the same on the EDI as it is on the Glasgow flight? Angle-flat seats? AVOD?
The 757 hard product is not angled lie flat like on the 767 fleet. It's the old Envoy seats that reclined nicely with a foot and leg rest. The AVOD is a portable unit the F/A's hand out after take off.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 7:49 am

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Delta SM, Marriott Plat , Hilton Gold, Hertz 5*, IHG Spire
Originally Posted by PHL
The 757 hard product is not angled lie flat like on the 767 fleet. It's the old Envoy seats that reclined nicely with a foot and leg rest. The AVOD is a portable unit the F/A's hand out after take off.
Thanks. Does the US 763 have AV in the seatbacks or do they use the portable players also?
Old Nov 19, 2013, 10:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by sushanna1
I think there was a Philly to Glasgow flight. Not sure if it still exists.
Yes, it still exists. I think that I hear they are doing very well. I think they will keep it for a very long time.

Originally Posted by Fanjet
They did to Birmingham (for I think just a year). But my memory doesn't recollect a PHL-EDI flight.
Yes, they just did. They flew it before, but they tried. They didn't work out very well.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by Dreamworks
Thanks. Does the US 763 have AV in the seatbacks or do they use the portable players also?
US doesn't have any 763s; they are 762s and use portable players that clip in to the seat in C and main cabin entertainment in Y. The interiors were completely redone a couple years ago so they are in good shape.
Old Nov 20, 2013, 5:12 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Jamie2k9
PHL-DUB is due to change from B762 to A332 for the summer season as well.
This makes Dublin a lot more attractive as a destination for me, from both the standpoint of burning miles or cash fares.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.