Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Renovated Air Wisconsin CRJ-200?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 6, 2013, 7:44 pm
Original Poster

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Renovated Air Wisconsin CRJ-200?

Like all of you, I particularly hate being in the Air Wisconsin CRJ200. We all call it the "bunbuster".

But today was an exception. I boarded, and the seats were all leather, and after 90 minutes in flight, my butt wasnt sore, as it appears the padding had been increased significantly.

Anyone else see an Air Wisconsin CRJ200 with new leather seats?
Old Nov 6, 2013, 8:00 pm

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Will be very happy if it turns out they are refurbing those interiors. I spend a lot of time on CRJs when I can't manage to work Republic flights into my schedule.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
This would be great news! Maybe they actually listened to the scathing email I sent in a few months ago ranking the comfort and appearance of CRJ interior lower than a still-in-use 1960's Greyhound bus.
Old Nov 6, 2013, 11:11 pm

Programs: US CP, MR Plat
I don't remember ever bing on a CRJ200 that didn't have leather seats.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:58 am
Original Poster

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by seratonin7
I've never been on an Air Wisconsin CRJ200 (CL-65) that didnt have the thin cloth seats. Are you flying on a different carrier? Perhaps out west?
Old Nov 7, 2013, 7:34 am

Programs: AA EXP
Originally Posted by bkafrick
I've never been on an Air Wisconsin CRJ200 (CL-65) that didnt have the thin cloth seats. Are you flying on a different carrier? Perhaps out west?
Yeah I was going to say the same thing. I've only ever known Air Wisconsin CRJ200's to have the old cloth seats.

Part of me hopes this isn't true, because this feels like a long-term commitment to the CRJ200 fleet, and I would love nothing more than for all of them to disappear sooner rather than later...
Old Nov 7, 2013, 8:34 am

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
I actually dont think the seats are that bad, but the windows are placed too low in my opinion. Always seem to straining my neck just to look out the window in a window seat!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
Originally Posted by seratonin7
I don't remember ever being on a CRJ200 that didn't have a smelly restroom.

The last ride was disgusting, to say the last.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 12:39 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by pdpgps
I actually dont think the seats are that bad, but the windows are placed too low in my opinion. Always seem to straining my neck just to look out the window in a window seat!
That primarily due to the smaller fuselage diameter. To put the windows at a good height for the average sized adult they would be above the point where the fuselage is curving back inward, making it hard to look down.

Jim
Old Nov 7, 2013, 1:22 pm

Programs: MR & SPG Plat, BA Silver, AA Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
That primarily due to the smaller fuselage diameter. To put the windows at a good height for the average sized adult they would be above the point where the fuselage is curving back inward, making it hard to look down.

Jim
Cool. Didn't think about that! Good to know (or avoid) next time I book.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 2:19 pm
Original Member and FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL PM/MM, AA ExPlat, Hyatt Glob, HH Dia, National ECE, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
Regardless of why it was done in the first place, Bombardier all but admits the placement of windows on the CRJ-100/200 was a mistake when you consider one of the advancements they touted with the -700/-900 was improved window position with the windows placed higher.
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:20 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by DCdeacon
Part of me hopes this isn't true, because this feels like a long-term commitment to the CRJ200 fleet, and I would love nothing more than for all of them to disappear sooner rather than later...
But here's the thing... I would actually fly a CRJ200 if they had these "new" improved seats... Yeah, the windows kinda suck, and the E170/175 are clearly nicer and better, but a "nice" CRJ200 beats the heck out of a Dash8 any day!
Old Nov 7, 2013, 5:43 pm

Programs: None
The E-series has what Embraer calls a "double bubble" fuselage. The cross section is like two identical soap bubbles connected together with the connecting points equaling the floor of the Embraer. The top "bubble" is the cabin and the bottom "bubble" is under-floor space. The wide part of the upper "bubble" is higher off the floor and thus the windows are higher off the floor.

Jim
Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:12 pm
Original Poster

Was on another (or perhaps it was the same) renovated CRJ200 today.

Got the tail number this time:
N467AW

Her's some pictures. I'll be honest, its a comfortable-ish ride now. Far superior than the old seats.

Old Nov 25, 2013, 5:37 pm

Programs: AA EXP, UA *S, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Titanium, Hyatt Exp, IHG Plat, National EE, Sixt Plat
While in the short-term, I'm really happy to see these seats improving, I hope that doesn't mean it'll be less likely for them to be put out to pasture in the long-term.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.