Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Oct 31, 2013, 8:40 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: aztimm
Wikipost instructions: signed in members with 90 days / 90 posts can edit this Wikipost to update; wiki contents may be printed by using the (lower right wiki corner)

Prior to booking flights on partner airlines, it is a good idea to check the the US Airways Partner Earning Page.

It is always a good idea to save your boarding pass and any other booking materials, as this may be needed if the miles don't automatically post.
Print Wikipost

Earning US Miles on Partner Airlines

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:19 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
You need to go read the US rules on earning miles
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:32 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
US Air Miles on CX (Operated by Air new zealand)

no it doesn't. it has to be marketed and operated by a oneworld airline.
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:33 pm

Programs: SPG Plat
Originally Posted by pandaperth
You need to go read the US rules on earning miles
posting something like that doesn't help the OP. it's like when anyone asks anything on FT, you ask them google it. as a wise mod once told me, if you're not gonna help, don't post
Old Oct 8, 2014, 10:38 pm

Programs: QFF NB, AA GLD
Originally Posted by rooivalk
posting something like that doesn't help the OP. it's like when anyone asks anything on FT, you ask them google it. as a wise mod once told me, if you're not gonna help, don't post
I was helping
Give a man a fish
or show the man how to catch fish

The OP has been a member since 2010, should know by now...
Old Oct 9, 2014, 2:11 am

Programs: US Gold, Avis First, AMEX Plat, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by rooivalk
no it doesn't. it has to be marketed and operated by a oneworld airline.
Thanks rooivalk, the key I did not read was "marketed and operated".

Looks like i will be taking CX 197.

http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ayPacific.html
Old Oct 9, 2014, 8:08 am
Moderator, OneWorld

Programs: RAA RIP; AA ExEXP
Moving this to the US/AA board.

Gardyloo
Oneworld moderator
Old Oct 20, 2014, 10:58 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I recently booked PHX-PHL-FCO-ATH. The FCO-ATH portion of the flight is on Aegean Airlines which is still a *A carrier. I know that US still has some agreement with them but since they are not in OW will I be able to earn miles on this?

Also - anyone have any experience choosing a seat on this airline?
Old Oct 20, 2014, 1:27 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage, Travel Safety/Security & Texas, FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, HHonors, Hertz
Originally Posted by WiscAZ
I recently booked PHX-PHL-FCO-ATH. The FCO-ATH portion of the flight is on Aegean Airlines which is still a *A carrier. I know that US still has some agreement with them but since they are not in OW will I be able to earn miles on this?

Also - anyone have any experience choosing a seat on this airline?
Here's the US page for earning miles on Agean:
http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...ce_aegean.html

I used the link in the Wiki at the top, then selected Agean from the, "other partners," area.
Old Oct 27, 2014, 12:15 pm

Programs: US, HH
I read through the thread and still not entirely clear on earning US PQM on an AA-numbered flight but operated by CX (itinerary sold on AA.com).

AA.com sells the all-AA flight-numbered itin as well as the version with the CX flights, with a smallish price difference, AA being more expensive. The fare classes from AA.com for the AA-numbered flights are N and L, which will get me US PQM but if they use CX rules, I'd get 0.

Based on the US chart and verbiage, AA marketed and operated will earn but it doesn't say anything about codeshare flights with an AA number. Will the AA flight number trump the CX-operated rule?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 1:15 pm

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Question US EQMs for AA-ticketed codeshare flights?

I need US EQMs to qualify for CP this year, and have an itinerary on AA which includes the following legs:
  • DFW to Tokyo (NRT) on AA metal,
  • Connecting NRT to Jakarta on AA codeshare (JAL metal)
  • Returning the same way
This is all on one PNR, booked on the AA web site (with an AA ticket number), and all the flights have AA flight numbers. But all legs are booked with discounted booking codes (Q and S).

I have gotten conflicting information regarding how much EQM credit I will get for the code share flights. I have spoken to the US CP desk, the AA ExPlat desk and the DM Service Center.
  • Originally, the ExPlat desk told me that all legs would get 100% EQM credit if credited to an AA account, but he didn't know about credit to a DM account.
  • The CP desk told me that they weren't sure, but it appeared that the codeshare legs on JAL metal would receive much less EQM credit (60% for Q and 30% for S booking codes).
  • The DM Service Center initially agreed with the CP desk, but now says all legs will accrue 100% DM EQMs.

My question: Has anyone actually flown flights booked this way? Did you get 100% DM EQMs?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 2:48 pm

Programs: status free since 2017
Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
This is all on one PNR, booked on the AA web site (with an AA ticket number), and all the flights have AA flight numbers.
If there is AA flight number for JAL operated flight, you will get 100% EQM. Sounds like this is the case.

If that is not the case, you will accrues less EQM on JAL flight.
Old Oct 29, 2014, 3:07 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
Originally Posted by PhoenixCMC
I need US EQMs to qualify for CP this year, and have an itinerary on AA which includes the following legs:
  • DFW to Tokyo (NRT) on AA metal,
  • Connecting NRT to Jakarta on AA codeshare (JAL metal)
  • Returning the same way
This is all on one PNR, booked on the AA web site (with an AA ticket number), and all the flights have AA flight numbers. But all legs are booked with discounted booking codes (Q and S).

I have gotten conflicting information regarding how much EQM credit I will get for the code share flights. I have spoken to the US CP desk, the AA ExPlat desk and the DM Service Center.
  • Originally, the ExPlat desk told me that all legs would get 100% EQM credit if credited to an AA account, but he didn't know about credit to a DM account.
  • The CP desk told me that they weren't sure, but it appeared that the codeshare legs on JAL metal would receive much less EQM credit (60% for Q and 30% for S booking codes).
  • The DM Service Center initially agreed with the CP desk, but now says all legs will accrue 100% DM EQMs.

My question: Has anyone actually flown flights booked this way? Did you get 100% DM EQMs?
For AA, flying an AA codeshare (boarding pass reflects AA flight number) earns EQM / EQP as if you were flying AA.

Whether this applies with US or not is best asked in the proper forum. We'll move this there for you. (AA and US continue to operate separately, and the combined FFP doesn't happen for a few months yet.) /Moderator
Old Oct 29, 2014, 4:02 pm

Programs: UA 1K 1MM / AA PP, Marriott Lifetime Gold
Somewhat related question - I assume the US forum is the one to ask this in - I have a US-issued VDB $$ cert. If I book prior to the one-reservation system integration point, I want to make sure my flights are properly upgradeable. I realize I have to call the US res # or have the EXP desk transfer me since the PNR will have to be issued on the US side of things... do I need to ensure US sells AA flights under an AA flight #? Have they done enough integration to request EXP upgrades on aa.com for AA-operated, US flight # itineraries? I foresee an issue if the flights are sold as US-marketed, AA-operated unless they've already addressed this...?

Maybe another way to say it is: has anyone who is AA GLD/PLT/EXP purchased a US-marketed, AA-operated flight and seen the reservation on aa.com, clicked the upgrade checkbox and had it process as if it was an AA-marketed flight?
Old Oct 29, 2014, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA Gold, WN A-, UA S, HH ♦, IHG Spire, Hertz Prez O, TSA Disparager
I'm reading that you'll earn 30% on a Q fare and 50% on an S fare on JAL operated flights. http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...nAirlines.html
Old Oct 30, 2014, 10:49 am

Programs: AA ExP (former HP/US), Marriott (former SPG) Lifetime Platinum, and most other major hotel programs
Originally Posted by JDiver
For AA, flying an AA codeshare (boarding pass reflects AA flight number) earns EQM / EQP as if you were flying AA.
Originally Posted by Michael El
I'm reading that you'll earn 30% on a Q fare and 50% on an S fare on JAL operated flights. http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...nAirlines.html
This is the source of my confusion. I believe the text of the page on Michael's link refers specifically to JAL flights booked on <jal.com>. It does not reference AA-marketed and numbered flights on JAL metal. Check http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...nAirlines.html, which reads: "Earn miles when you book with American Airlines and fly on American marketed and operated flights for travel on an eligible published fare ticket" and shows a 100% rate. But who knows?

Since AAdvantage gets full EQM credit, why shouldn't DM get the same treatment? DMSC has double-checked and assured me (after an initial reaction to the contrary) that I would get 100% EQM credit, and the agent put a note into my DM account saying so.

So here's the question: Has anyone actually flown an AA-numbered codeshare flight (JAL or other operator) booked on AA web site with a discounted coach booking code? If so, did you get full DM EQMs for the flight?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.