FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Seriously??? 8 vodka minis served by FC FA to one Passenger? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1515964-seriously-8-vodka-minis-served-fc-fa-one-passenger.html)

PWMTrav Nov 2, 2013 12:42 pm

Duder was going to an NFL game? Who am I to judge? Hell, how do we even know he drank them all? FA could have been giving him minis to take into the game - very convenient packaging for such an event. But really, why is this thread-worthy? If someone wants to get hammered, I don't care one bit unless they're going to drive, hit someone, or bother me in the meantime.

bkafrick Nov 3, 2013 7:16 am

Originally Posted by PWMTrav (Post 21715029)
If someone wants to get hammered, I don't care one bit unless they're going to drive, hit someone, or bother me in the meantime.

I think the point is that we (and the FA) has no idea what that person is going to do while or after consuming them.

dcpatti Nov 3, 2013 9:25 am

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 21718635)
I think the point is that we (and the FA) has no idea what that person is going to do while or after consuming them.

The OP states that when s/he asked the FA if it was wise to continue serving the passenger in question, the FA replied that the passenger wasn't driving and was headed to a football game. There are several ways the FA could have known this, starting with the passenger mentioning it while making small talk. We all drop hints even without meaning to, and someone who is used to talking to customers tends to be good at picking up on those hints.

PWMTrav Nov 3, 2013 4:23 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 21718635)

Personal responsibility is a funny thing. Even if we or the FA don't know, I think the scope of the issue being "our business" ends with the behavior on that flight. Besides, in this case, it appears OP asked the FA, and the FA already knew the passenger's plans.

bkafrick Nov 3, 2013 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by dcpatti (Post 21719249)
The OP states that when s/he asked the FA if it was wise to continue serving the passenger in question, the FA replied that the passenger wasn't driving and was headed to a football game. There are several ways the FA could have known this, starting with the passenger mentioning it while making small talk. We all drop hints even without meaning to, and someone who is used to talking to customers tends to be good at picking up on those hints.

What someone says, and what they do, are two completely different things.

The FA has no idea what happens when that person steps off the plane. He could say he was going to a game - but in fact, he could be going anywhere.

Why take the risk?

bkafrick Nov 3, 2013 8:53 pm

Originally Posted by PWMTrav (Post 21721111)
I think the scope of the issue being "our business" ends with the behavior on that flight.

Unless the passenger gets into a car, and slams into a family of 4 killing them, and tests BAC to be over the limit... and the FA and/or Airline is held civilly responsible for damages.

Originally Posted by PWMTrav (Post 21721111)
Besides, in this case, it appears OP asked the FA, and the FA already knew the passenger's plans.

Again, the FA didnt know the passenger's plans. The FA presumed/assumed the passengers plans were to go to a game, based on what the passenger told him. The FA doesnt KNOW anything.

Its foolish, as someone who's serving liquor and can be held responsible in civil lawsuits on overserving, to believe the customer's word. Why put yourself in that position?