Wiki Posts
Search

100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013

Search this Thread

Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:36 am

Another data point:

- new account created 10/1
- transferred from old to new 10/14 appx. 8am
- cleared 10/15 appx. 11am (no inquiry to points.com or US Airways)
- transferred back to old account, cleared immediately
Old Oct 15, 2013, 10:50 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Did 5 share transactions between 6 member family. All posted .

Now hoping for status quo on values !

Programs: USAir, Delta, AA, UA, SW
I keep getting declined multiple times on three different cards. If I can't share with my wife, who opened her account 13 days ago, how is she supposed to share back with me before the promotion??

2 transaction old account to old account this morning, no confirmation e-mail but points post immediately.

Old account to new account, use a different canada credit card, still pending and waiting, should I use my first CC try again make the 3rd transcation? will they deduct twice?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:03 am

Originally Posted by BH14
Another data point:

- new account created 10/1
- transferred from old to new 10/14 appx. 8am
- cleared 10/15 appx. 11am (no inquiry to points.com or US Airways)
- transferred back to old account, cleared immediately
Good for you! Mine is still pending, the points.com live chat always shows 'chat offline' and I have refreshed hundreds of times...
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:04 am

Programs: Hyatt Platinum, SPG Gold, Hilton Gold
Transactions are going through now for old to new. I have negative miles in my account. Crap.. what does that mean?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:14 am

Programs: AC - E50, CX - G, Accor Plat, SPG Gold
Disaster that they set this up on such a short timeframe and then have transactions pending for days on end.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:21 am

Programs: AF/KL: FB Gold, A3 *G, DL GM, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Plat, SPG Gold, Marriott Silv, IHG Plat Ambassador
The transfer I initiated yesterday and the one today with 13-14 day old accounts both went though just now. Looks like they're catching up on the ones held up.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:27 am

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
My share to my wife's recently created (15 days) account went through this morning after a 24 hour delay. Transfer back now is held up but can relax as I have confirmation numbers etc to back up he transaction and completed before the deadline.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:30 am

Programs: *wood LifePLT, UsAir CHAIR
Old to new (submitted last night) just processed and I received the confirmation email as well a few minutes ago. New to old is in process.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 11:58 am

Programs: AA EXP, SPG PLT
Does any know how to reach points.com customer service? My transfer request was being held and I need to transfer miles out from these accounts today. The online chat is basically always offline and all the phone numbers I can find only accept voicemails... Very frustrated.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:02 pm

A Old B New.

A -> B submitted yesterday, posted this morning.
B -> A submitted this morning, nothing yet
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:03 pm

Chat transcript from just now concerning old-->new placed last night around 9pm:

You: Hello, last night I placed order #676785____ on US Airways to share miles between my account (400___, [email protected]) into my father's account (Sh___, 401___, [email protected]). Other members in my family have done this before during a current promotion that offers a 100% bonus on shared miles, and their transactions posted within an hour, however mine has been pending for almost 12 hours now and the miles have not yet been deducted from my account or posted into my father's. Is there any way you guys can expedite this transaction, as today is the last day to transfer miles under this promotion?Jo | P: I would be happy to help you with that.Jo | P: This may take a bit longer than usual to check today, and I appreciate your patience while I check on your transaction.You: Cool thanks.Jo | P: Thanks for holding. We appreciate you making a transaction. However, Our records show your transaction is processing however, for account protection and verification purposes, your transaction is held for approximately up to 48 hours from the time you make the transaction to complete. As soon as your transaction completes your miles will post to your account. If you do not see your miles after that time, please contact US Airways directly at 1-800-428-4322.You: Would this affect the bonus as that ends tonight?You: I read on flyertalk forums the following: "Data point: I transferred from an old account to a new on 10/14 at 9:30am Central time, this morning I still didn't see the transaction posted into the new account, so I contacted points.com via chat (it showed "chat offline" for a long time, needed to refresh the page frequently) and asked them to look into it, agent assisted transaction and points posted instantly during chat."You: Is there no way to expedite the transfer while we are on chat?Jo | P: It should post later today, or first thing tomorrow morning, however, we do not expedite transactions as they are all done electroncially..sorry about that.You: Ok, and if it posts tomorrow will I still get the bonus? I was hoping to do another transfer of the miles before the deadline tonight...You: When my brother and mother did the transfer over the weekend those transfer happened within the hour.Jo | P: Yes, you will still get the bonus.Jo | P: I am sorry but there was a major influx in activity and all transactions are processing in time as they were done.Jo | P: Is there anything else I can help you with today?You: No that is it, thanks.

so if you have a pending transaction you can try to get it expedited over points.com chat but for me it didin't work... will update when miles post, hopefully soon.
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:11 pm
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: UA Gold, Avis PC, Marriott Gold
Currently waiting for points to post from old to new. What are we supposed to do if the promotion ends and cannot share the miles back if the points do not post before the end of the promotion?
Old Oct 15, 2013, 12:13 pm

Programs: Life SPG Plat, 7X NH DIA
Originally Posted by LoyalEagle
Currently waiting for points to post from old to new. What are we supposed to do if the promotion ends and cannot share the miles back if the points do not post before the end of the promotion?
Learn from the experience.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.