100% Share Miles Bonus Returns - through Oct. 15, 2013

Old Oct 14, 13, 11:22 am

Programs: AA Plt-Lite 2MM,HH Gld, MR Plat
Originally Posted by techoin View Post
anyone sucessfully able to transfer to new accounts created start of the promo?
Was able to transfer to new account created on 9/30. Executed on 10/13 and miles showed up 10/14. Funny thing is I never received email from US Air for sharing.
Old Oct 14, 13, 2:59 pm

Programs: whatever comes with CCs
I tried transferring to a new a/c created on Oct 3, 6:30 AM from an old account. Miles have not posted like the way they instantly posted with my old accounts last week

Last edited by mintcilantro; Oct 14, 13 at 3:27 pm
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:02 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by bigasiannd View Post
The miles posted to my wife's account when I checked this morning. However, neither of us received an email of the transfer.
Yes has just come through for me too.
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:04 pm

Programs: QFF, Krisflyer, US Air DM, VelocityRewards, Hertz Gold, Hilton Gold, Accor Plat
Originally Posted by Coolers View Post
My miles posted roughly 3.5 days later. No need to worry unless you need to re-share those miles, in which case you'll need to make alternate arrangements.
3.5 days is because of the weekend, not normally that long but it is tight now!
Old Oct 14, 13, 3:37 pm

Programs: AAdvantage Elite Plat, HH Gold, SPG Gold, Hertz Gold, BA
After all this wait and seeing all the troubles people are having with new accounts, we ( partner and I ) decided not to transfer. We have too many miles already and need to burn off those first. Good luck to everyone!
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:07 pm

I'm pretty sure they changed the promo and the T&C:

see my post: http://boardingarea.com/canadiankilo...are-promotion/

this is seriously annoying.
i'm tweeting them because i want an explanation and I would suggest that if you have an interest in knowing you would too.
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:18 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by frenchie2 View Post
No matter that, you will end up with an odd amount in account A. It helps to draw a chart

Assuming your goal is 90K in each account:

1) transfer 50k each from A to B,C,D, you will left with 50K in A, and 100K each in B,C,D

2) transfer 10K each from B,C,D back to A, you will left with 90K each in B,C,D and 110K in A (50k from step 1 plus 20K each from the transfer from B,C,D)

So Now you have 4 tickets to Asia/Europe total plus addl 20K in account A.
ABSOLUTELY Brilliant ! Thanks a lot.
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:33 pm

My delayed transaction cleared this morning but still have a couple to go, how about everyone else - have their transfers cleared?
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:35 pm

Programs: QF Gold
Account created 30th September, miles shared on the 13th of October still nothing.... Luckily I don't have to share back but have a reservation on hold which needs these miles to ticket!
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:36 pm

created a new account at the night of Oct 1st. Initialized a transfer old->new this morning (10/14), nothing happens so far. I can see the pending charge on my credit card. I also called us airways and they cannot find any information of the transaction of the mile sharing transaction. I don't know if I should do it over again or wait till tomorrow to see if the transaction finally go through.
btw, I transferred 25k miles and was hoping to transfer 50k back to my account. I will be screwed if the miles posted after Oct 15 on the new account.
Old Oct 14, 13, 4:56 pm

Programs: UA1k; Bonvoy Titanium; Hilton Diamond; IHG Spire
Originally Posted by travelislife View Post
Account created 30th September, miles shared on the 13th of October still nothing.... Luckily I don't have to share back but have a reservation on hold which needs these miles to ticket!
Similar situation. Account created 9/30, miles shared on 10/14 - nothing ! Shared with an old account - posted instantly. I think they may be delaying the posting so as to prevent back-and-forth transfers....
Old Oct 14, 13, 5:31 pm

Programs: UA Gold, Fairmont Platinum, Starwood Gold, Hilton Gold, Hyatt Platinum
Two transfers stuck in limbo, these are both to 14 day old accounts
Old Oct 14, 13, 5:34 pm

wondering if it is possible to call credit card company to release the hold tomorrow if the miles do not post till then.
Old Oct 14, 13, 5:35 pm

Originally Posted by souvenir View Post
created a new account at the night of Oct 1st. Initialized a transfer old->new this morning (10/14), nothing happens so far. I can see the pending charge on my credit card. I also called us airways and they cannot find any information of the transaction of the mile sharing transaction. I don't know if I should do it over again or wait till tomorrow to see if the transaction finally go through.
btw, I transferred 25k miles and was hoping to transfer 50k back to my account. I will be screwed if the miles posted after Oct 15 on the new account.
Exactly same boat. Called US multiple times and could not get them to cancel the transaction. Gonna wait until tomorrow and see what happens. Otherwise, I guess 50k on the other account can still be put in to good use anyways as long as the account holder can redeem tickets for other people.
Old Oct 14, 13, 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by souvenir View Post
wondering if it is possible to call credit card company to release the hold tomorrow if the miles do not post till then.
No. What you can do is call them after it posts on your account, and do a dispute. It is disputable because US Airways would not cancel the transaction, but I'm not sure what they would do to the miles you shared.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: