Old Oct 4, 2013, 9:14 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Apologies if asked & answered.

C shares 50K with A & B.
A shares 50 K with C.

Any flags ? No risks ?
Old Oct 4, 2013, 10:14 pm

Programs: spirit elite, MRgold Hilton Gold
Does this work if miles are shared from two different accounts. Ie acct one share30k to me, acct two shares 20k and I end up with 100k miles(50 share 50 bonus)
Old Oct 5, 2013, 3:58 am

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by shocky
Can I share miles INTO a brand new account? I know new accounts can't share or buy miles but can they be GIVEN the miles and receive the 100% bonus?
Yes, they can receive ! Confirmed by this tweet from @USAirways: https://twitter.com/USAirways/status/386120021266538497
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:31 am

Programs: UA1K MM, JL JMB SAPPHIRE, Marriott Titanium/LTP, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by fets_be
Yes, they can receive ! Confirmed by this tweet from @USAirways: https://twitter.com/USAirways/status/386120021266538497
The tweet only say new accounts can receive miles, but not clearly indicate they will get bonus too, have any one tried to share to an account less than 12 days old?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 10:34 am

Originally Posted by KL803
My observation as well: If I don't use a credit card with the same name as the DM account holder, the process always took 2-3 working days, but it always worked. On the other hand, when the name matched, miles posted instantly.
I used my cc to transfer miles from my wife's DM to mine and it posted instantly.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:17 am

Programs: UA DL USA
What's the difference between sharing and gifting miles?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 11:19 am

Originally Posted by MichaelRpdx
What's the difference between sharing and gifting miles?
Sharing = giving miles you already have in your account
Gifting = buying and giving miles in one step
Old Oct 5, 2013, 12:45 pm

Programs: AS GOLD
I shared 50k to B using my credit card. Points + Bonus posted instantly.

I logged in to B's acct. Shared 50K right back to me using my credit card again. Points + bonus posted instantly.

Old Oct 5, 2013, 1:48 pm

Programs: A3 *G, BA Silver
Originally Posted by gokeeper
The tweet only say new accounts can receive miles, but not clearly indicate they will get bonus too, have any one tried to share to an account less than 12 days old?
The originele tweeter (OT? :-) confirmed he got all of the miles.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 2:40 pm

Can somebody tell me if my math is right?

The goal is to have 140,000 miles in one account so I can plan to do...

A (50,000 miles to start) transfer 25,000 --> B (Zero Balance to start) 50,000 --> A 100,000 (125,000 total) transfer 15,000 --> B 30,000 ---> A 40,000 (only 10,000 miles bonus since there's a 50,000 cap) with a total of 140,000

Does this sound right or is there a better way?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 5:41 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite, AA Platinum Pro, Hertz Presidents
Originally Posted by RTW1
You think..... :-).

You can feel all you want, but you seem to have been living on a very remote island these last years. US is simply looking at selling as much miles as they can get us to buy at different price points. And have been running almost all variations of different promotions, from buying/gifting with different bonus percentages to sharing.

So they know exactly what they are doing and how people are using these promotions. So please don't assume to have superior knowledge about what the people behind these offers are "really" trying to offer.....
Where exactly did I claim to have superior knowledge??? I can recall, however, plenty of posts by people who have utilized these sharing promos in ways being described here and getting their accounts frozen.
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much...

I won't assume to have superior knowledge-- and don't you either. How's that?
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:07 pm

Originally Posted by fets_be
The originele tweeter (OT? :-) confirmed he got all of the miles.
That's excellent, thanks for the information.
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by scottsam66
Where exactly did I claim to have superior knowledge??? I can recall, however, plenty of posts by people who have utilized these sharing promos in ways being described here and getting their accounts frozen.
Me thinks the lady doth protest too much...

I won't assume to have superior knowledge-- and don't you either. How's that?

I think both of you are right in that US A knows what goes on, they also maybe cracking down on serial abusers to set examples. The name of the game is, they are borrowing money from us at no charge, they know how long it takes for miles to be redeemed, how many are never redeemed, etc etc.
Remember they Control the capacity, so with load algorithms they know how many seats may go vacant and offer us those....
Old Oct 5, 2013, 7:25 pm

Programs: AA, United,Hilton Honors, Hyatt, JetBlue,
thanks for the help today...we shared miles from his to mine this morning and i shared by this evening....two different cc to make sure no issues.

I really appreciate reading all the great advice on these forums...
Old Oct 6, 2013, 7:23 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
Question to you folks who got put on a 24h or 48h verification check. What exactly is the verification ... do they phone up the giver?

I am planning on transferring miles from my MIL's account to me and I will pay for it. But we have different last names. I wondered if they would call her to verify the transaction.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.