Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Targeted: Redeem at least 20K miles, get 25-50% back

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2013, 5:51 pm

Programs: AA, UA, SQ, VA, QF, AF, BA
We returned from our partner award on 10 Dec. Has anyone gotten their rebate yet from prior travel?
Old Dec 15, 2013, 7:20 pm

Programs: Hilton Cubic Zirconia, Marriott Fools Gold
Originally Posted by Belllaaa
Did anyone actually got the bonus?
It's more that 4 weeks since flight and I didn't get anything yet.
I called Barclaycard they don't know anything about the promotion.
I will try to call us air to see if they know about it.
Same here... I redeemed miles for an upgrade for a flight on 11/6. I contacted Barclay's via SM. I went back and forth several times because they kept saying they knew nothing about it... supplied them with the link to the email and they said I'd receive my 50% miles within 4 wks of travel (my offer only said 10%). When I responded back and told them it was past 4 wks they then redacted and said it would be 10% (which is correct). But they still didn't give me an answer and said a manager would call me. He called on Friday while I was at work so I'll have to give them a call tomorrow with my case number. Will report back with what I find out.

Why must this be so difficult? *sigh*
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:13 pm

Originally Posted by skitch23
Same here... I redeemed miles for an upgrade for a flight on 11/6. I contacted Barclay's via SM. I went back and forth several times because they kept saying they knew nothing about it... supplied them with the link to the email and they said I'd receive my 50% miles within 4 wks of travel (my offer only said 10%). When I responded back and told them it was past 4 wks they then redacted and said it would be 10% (which is correct). But they still didn't give me an answer and said a manager would call me. He called on Friday while I was at work so I'll have to give them a call tomorrow with my case number. Will report back with what I find out.

Why must this be so difficult? *sigh*
Did you get your bonus miles? I am just wondering how much chasing I will have to do.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?
Old Dec 21, 2013, 3:20 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
Did you get your bonus miles? I am just wondering how much chasing I will have to do.

Has anyone gotten theirs yet?
No. Barclays told me they have no way of knowing if/when people redeem miles.... Which makes sense. The agent was very nice and even tried to conference on US, but with all the weather delays causing long hold times I opted to disconnect and send US an email instead. Still haven't heard back from US yet tho.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:03 pm

Did anyone actually got the bonus?
It's more that 4 weeks since flight and I didn't get anything yet.
I called Barclaycard they don't know anything about the promotion.
I will try to call us air to see if they know about it.
They told me to send a copy of the promotion, I did and waiting for answer.
I don't know what to do now, my annual fee is on Dec 30, I was planning to close the account before.
I am not sure now whether to keep it for the rebate or to close it since anyway I will not get anything.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 5:08 pm

They told me to send a copy of the promotion, I did and waiting for answer.
I don't know what to do now, my annual fee is on Dec 30, I was planning to close the account before.
I am not sure now whether to keep it for the rebate or to close it since anyway I will not get anything.
Just as an FYI, if you have the card with the 10k anniversary miles you might as well keep the card til they post. You can always get your AF refunded within 30 days of the fee being charged and for most people the miles post before the AF does.
Old Dec 21, 2013, 10:53 pm

I'm in the same boat. My anniversary bonus posted last week of Nov, annual fee posted 30 Nov. I was planning to cancel to avoid the annual fee but I can't cancel until I get my 30,000 mile rebate. I don't want this card to be automatically converted to an Arrival card so I can't get that sign up bonus. I doubt this card will still be around to get another anniversary bonus next Nov, otherwise I wouldn't mind keeping it. I'm happy to pay $89 for 10k US > AA miles!

I was wondering how Barclays was going to know who earned the rebate. They don't have access to US Airways systems. I did use the card to pay the taxes & fees on the award.
Old Dec 22, 2013, 7:03 am

Just as an FYI, if you have the card with the 10k anniversary miles you might as well keep the card til they post. You can always get your AF refunded within 30 days of the fee being charged and for most people the miles post before the AF does.
I already got the 10k anniversary bonus.
Just wonder about the 30k rebate.
Thank you anyway.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 9:29 am

Woohoo!! Got a nice Christmas present from US this morning. CSR responded to my email about the missing miles from this promo and said they would add the miles immediately... and I just logged in and they were already posted!!

For anyone else that is still missing their miles, send US an email and include the link to the promo from the email that was sent out on 10/1 (you will have to click on where it says something like "click here to view this as a webpage"... its at the top of the email in small print).
Old Dec 25, 2013, 10:13 am

Woohoo!! Got a nice Christmas present from US this morning. CSR responded to my email about the missing miles from this promo and said they would add the miles immediately... and I just logged in and they were already posted!!

For anyone else that is still missing their miles, send US an email and include the link to the promo from the email that was sent out on 10/1 (you will have to click on where it says something like "click here to view this as a webpage"... its at the top of the email in small print).
So happy to hear that.
I will try my luck with US airways now instead of barclaycard.
Thanks.
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:33 am

How long did it take until they contact you back?
I sent email 2 days ago to US air and no respond yet.
Thanks!
Old Dec 27, 2013, 8:46 am

How long did it take until they contact you back?
I sent email 2 days ago to US air and no respond yet.
Thanks!
It was close to a full week. I imagine with the holidays they are short staffed.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 12:12 pm

I flew two weeks ago, still waiting for the bonus miles.

Has anyone received the bonus miles without calling US airways ?
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:28 pm

I did this the same day you posted it and still haven't heard back. Which email did you use? I sent it to partner marketing which I had in my contact list from the Grand Slam days.
Old Dec 28, 2013, 6:41 pm

Originally Posted by Tiki
I did this the same day you posted it and still haven't heard back. Which email did you use? I sent it to partner marketing which I had in my contact list from the Grand Slam days.
I just submitted it thru their comments/complaints webpage. Filled out the personal info & selected "complaint", "travel completed" and "frequent flyer program" from the drop downs. I also put in the flight info for the trip I upgraded with miles.

http://www.usairways.com/Forms/CustomerRelations.aspx

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.