Gogo in-flight price vs. in advance

Old Sep 25, 2013, 9:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: free agent
Gogo in-flight price vs. in advance

Can't seem to find any recent info here on this - anyone know what the current in-flight pricing is for GoGo on US? I see the 24hr pass is $14 in advance, but for some reason, I thought it was cheaper than that on the plane.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 10:19 am

Programs: AA Platinum, UA Gold, Hyatt Diamond, Avis First
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Can't seem to find any recent info here on this - anyone know what the current in-flight pricing is for GoGo on US? I see the 24hr pass is $14 in advance, but for some reason, I thought it was cheaper than that on the plane.
It's gone up considerably. Last week an all day mobile pass was 12.95 so I'm sure the "any device" equivalent was even more.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 11:09 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
I think it depends on the route too. I want to say I paid like $18 from ORD to PHX.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Marriott or Hilton hot tub with a big drink <glub> Beverage: To-Go Bag™ DYKWIA: SSSS /rolleyes ☈ Date Night: Costco
Programs: Sea Shell Lounge Platinum, TSA Pre✓ Refusnik Diamond, PWP Gold, FT subset of the subset
As a CP, wouldn't a monthly pass be a better value to you? Yes, I'm assuming that someone with status, that also posts on FT, would be the kind of person that wants to be connected on a regular basis.
Old Sep 25, 2013, 2:27 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by N965VJ
As a CP, wouldn't a monthly pass be a better value to you? Yes, I'm assuming that someone with status, that also posts on FT, would be the kind of person that wants to be connected on a regular basis.
If my travel were mainly domestic, I'd agree with you.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 6:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: MSY; 2-time FT Fantasy Football Champ, now in recovery.
Programs: AA lifetime GLD; UA Silver; Marriott LTTE; IHG Plat,
Using Gogo on AA, I've noticed that the initial display of options includes "all-day" and "x hours", but not the "this flight" choice. But if you look for the "show all passes" button, that displays a few more choices, including "this flight". That's usually a few bucks cheaper than the "all day" pass, and will save you money if you're just on a single nonstop segment.
Old Sep 27, 2013, 7:52 am

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Titanium Elite (Lifetime Platinum)
Monthly Gogo

Also, keep in mind that if you get a monthly pass, a) it is hard to kill (have to do it via chat on their website), but b) if you then reinstate it later the price might be higher. Gogo has been very aggressive in raising their prices.

I used to have a monthly pass for $24.95. I went through a period of a few months when I wasn't flying, so I cancelled it. When I went to sign up again, it had gone up to $39.95. I think it might even be higher now.

Gogo got too greedy for me...so now I cancelled it and use a friend's (who is still paying $19.95/mo)...I just pay him for the months I use it, and we generally aren't in the air at the same time so it all works out. If Gogo hadn't jacked the price on me so much I would still have my own subscription.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 3:56 pm

Programs: SPG Gold-no diff than Plat, so who cares; Marriott Gold, Hyatt Diamond, US CP
On a flight now MCI to PHX, $16.95 for all day. Just paid $4.95 to write this, as gogo has been up and down all day an it finally connected 50 min before landing.

Last edited by tashworth; Oct 2, 2013 at 3:57 pm Reason: iPad spellcheck stinks.
Old Oct 2, 2013, 6:40 pm

Programs: US Silver; WN A-List; Marriott Plat Premier
Paid $20.95 a few hours ago for an all day pass on CLT-PHX. I thought it was pricey and after reading this thread realzied I forgot to look for other pass options. The three on the screen (I think) were 30 minutes, 60+30, and all-day.
Old Oct 8, 2013, 12:10 pm
Original Poster

Following up: PHL-PHX last week:

1-hour pass, $7.00
2-hour plus one free, $14.00
Gogo flight pass (just this flight), $14.95
All-day pass (any USAirways flight on the same day), $20.95
USAirways monthly pass, $39.95
Gogo unlimited monthly, $49.95

Be sure to press the "View All Passes" button to get access to these.
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:10 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by dchirsch
Also, keep in mind that if you get a monthly pass, a) it is hard to kill (have to do it via chat on their website), but b) if you then reinstate it later the price might be higher. Gogo has been very aggressive in raising their prices.

I used to have a monthly pass for $24.95. I went through a period of a few months when I wasn't flying, so I cancelled it. When I went to sign up again, it had gone up to $39.95. I think it might even be higher now.

Gogo got too greedy for me...so now I cancelled it and use a friend's (who is still paying $19.95/mo)...I just pay him for the months I use it, and we generally aren't in the air at the same time so it all works out. If Gogo hadn't jacked the price on me so much I would still have my own subscription.
I used to have the $24.95 monthly pass as well; it made sense to keep it, even if I only had one round-trip flight that month. However, I received the following e-mail in early August:

Subject: Important Changes to Your US Airways Traveler Pass Subscription and to the Gogo Terms of Use

Dear Ottermatic,

We want to inform you of a change to your US Airways Traveler Pass subscription and to the Gogo Terms of Use.

The price of your Gogo service is scheduled to increase from $24.95/month to $39.95/month. Before 2013, we had relatively few Gogo equipped US Airways aircraft, which is why we offered the US Airways Traveler Pass at a reduced rate. We have since expanded our US Airways installations to more than 250 aircraft.

Now you can get online, in air, more than ever before when you fly with US Airways. Compared to other Gogo passes, the Traveler Pass is still the best value for frequent flyers with a preferred airline.

Your new rate of $39.95/month will be effective with your next billing statement on or after September 2, 2013. No action is required to continue your subscription. Of course, you may cancel your subscription at any time by emailing us at [email protected] or calling (877) 350-0038.

Notice of Terms of Use Change:

As our business evolves, we find it helpful to review our policies and to refresh language when appropriate. To that end, we have updated our Terms of Use. Please note that this update includes a new Dispute Resolution/Arbitration clause, which includes mandatory arbitration, a class action waiver, and a jury waiver. If you desire to opt out of the mandatory arbitration agreement in the Terms of Use, you may do so by following the instructions in Section 10.

Thank you for your loyalty and your business.
The Team at Gogo
I canceled it before it went up.

OM
Old Oct 11, 2013, 11:45 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, HHonors Silver
Originally Posted by AlphaTango
Following up: PHL-PHX last week:

1-hour pass, $7.00
2-hour plus one free, $14.00
Gogo flight pass (just this flight), $14.95
All-day pass (any USAirways flight on the same day), $20.95
USAirways monthly pass, $39.95
Gogo unlimited monthly, $49.95

Be sure to press the "View All Passes" button to get access to these.
Here's another data point from my SFO/PHL flight today:

Gogo 1-Hour Pass, $10.00
Buy 2 Hours, Get 1 Free! (oh, boy!), $20.00
Gogo Flight Pass, $21.95
All-Day Pass (US Airways flights), $26.95
US Airways Traveler Pass (monthly), $39.95 (same)
Gogo Unlimited (monthly), $49.95 (same)

One thing I have noticed in the past -- if you have a connection and your first flight is a short one, the all-day pass is much cheaper.

I bought the $14.00 All-Day Pass (in advance) on Gogo's website earlier this week. That seems to be the way to go for an isolated flight here and there. They're good for a year after you buy 'em, so it probably wouldn't hurt to have one ready to go, just in case.

-Ottermatic
Old Nov 19, 2013, 8:43 am
Original Poster

Just noticed that Gogo is selling holiday packs (Pilgrim 4-Pack) of passes again this year. 4 all-day, all device passes for $24.95 for use between 11/23 and 11/30. Mobile only ones for $14.95.

Even if you are only flying 2 days next week, this is cheaper than 2 all-day passes at the regular rate.

Need to purchase by 11/21. There's a note on the site about a "Festive 4-pack" coming soon, so I'd imagine they'll be doing this over Christmas again too.

Last edited by AlphaTango; Nov 19, 2013 at 8:51 am Reason: purchase by date
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:07 am

Why would you ever pay more than the $14/day rate?
As long as you have a gogo account already (not sure how it works otherwise, but is tracked through email)
  • Open browser
  • go to USAirways.com
  • Search for gogo
  • buy a pass for $14
  • use the pass

This at least works on Delta flights where the pass is purchased completely through Delta. For US it looks like it kicks you to the gogo site, but I would assume you can get to that without paying as well.

I've usually just done the 30 minute mobile pass on US Airways since my flights are short. Just spoof the user agent of a mobile device on your laptop browser and you can get the mobile rates.
Old Nov 19, 2013, 9:15 am
Original Poster

deleted

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.