Do I get a full refund in this situation?

Old Sep 26, 13, 8:23 am

Programs: US CP, SPG Plat
I don't have any more insight than others on the board, but a 24 hour delay would certainly seem to me to be worthy of claiming a trip in vain. Keep in mind there may be other options to get you to GLA with minimal delay, such as LH or US via another city.
Old Sep 26, 13, 3:27 pm

Programs: HH Diamond, IHG Plat, SPG & Marriott Gold, CC Silver
Based on this blog post, Trip in Vain should kick in. You don't need an "event" to miss, just the fact that your trip is screwed thanks to their delays.
Old Sep 26, 13, 4:25 pm

Programs: Former long-time US GP; now AA dirt
Originally Posted by PHLisa View Post
Based on this blog post, Trip in Vain should kick in. You don't need an "event" to miss, just the fact that your trip is screwed thanks to their delays.
But how does US define "screwed"? Is missing one night of a multi-night trip enough to be considered a "trip in vain"? Should be interesting to see what happens to the OP.
Old Sep 26, 13, 5:23 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
I don't know anybody who has ever failed to obtain a full refund from a USA carrier on a domestic flight based on an assertion of "trip in vain". Whether that might be a bit tougher on a TATL is open for debate.

As a practical matter, travel is such a hastle anyway, that few people likely schlep to an airport against the chance that they might get a chance at a refund.
Old Dec 23, 13, 8:19 am

Programs: HH Diamond MR PLAT US Gold
Hi
My apology if this is already asked and answered ( search shows more thread cancel/refund on award)

Dec-8 , flight was cancelled due to weather ( rebooked next day which i declined ) asked for refund
US Website still shows , your refund request received and will be processed
Usually how long will it take to process the refund ??

Thanks
- Rbn

Search this Thread
Search Engine: