Blue Gate Valet Bag Tags for F, New?

Old Sep 17, 13, 7:55 am
Original Poster

Programs: US CP, MR Gold, SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat
Blue Gate Valet Bag Tags for F, New?

Did a quick search and didn't see anything. Don't know if this is new or not but certainly the first time I've seen it.

Flying home on Sunday from CLT - JAX on a CJ900 with F seats. I grabbed a yellow gate check tag for my bag at the GA counter before boarding started. When F was announced boarding I walked up to have my ticket scanned and the GA handed me a blue gate check tag saying it was for F passengers. It was the first time I had seen it and swapped the tags. When I arrived in JAX it was one of the first 5 bags off, incidentally the first two were still yellow tagged bags. Looking at the tag it appears to be the same tag that they give out for baby strollers but it says it's for F passengers on the top...and baby strollers just below it.

Don't know if this is new or not, asked the GA and she said she had no idea as she started work 5 days ago. The only time I gate check is on the CJ200 out of GNV and usually they run a EMB190 between JAX/CLT which my bag fits overhead.

Anybody have any experience with this?

Go Gators
Old Sep 17, 13, 7:56 am

Programs: AA PPro, Mariott Ambassador, B6 Mosaic, SBUX Gold, Best Buy Elite
Not new, YMMV if it actually helps your bags come up faster though.
Old Sep 17, 13, 8:31 am

Programs: AA EXP, Marriott Lifetime Plat, SPG Plat, AMEX Plat, Hertz PC, Travels too Much Platinum
They've been around at least for several years but are mainly used for the CRJ-700/900 with their small overhead bins. You may also see them on strollers and other gate-checked items (such as a carry on for a late arriving F passenger) on mainline and E170/175 aircraft, and these items are supposed to be brought to the gate rather than baggage claim.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: