Wiki Posts
Search

Woman punches male FA in face on US 2051, PHL-MIA; draws blood

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:32 pm
GAC
Suspended

Originally Posted by austin_res
That passenger should ....and be placed on the no-fly-list.
Guys, this was only posted yesterday.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 1:54 pm

Originally Posted by GAC
4) used your story about your business and what your policy's would be. In other words, used context. Look it up.
Precisely. I said that I would ban that person from my business. I said nothing about an industry-wide ban. Which brings me back to my first point: Don't mischaracterize someone's argument and not expect them to correct you. (And I'll ignore the ironic "context" crack for now).

Anyway, it's pretty clear that your basic argument is that this particular assault (punching someone in the face hard enough to draw blood) isn't a big enough deal to get banned from one particular airline, let alone get placed on the no-fly list. Or is it all assaults? What exactly would someone have to do to get permanently kicked off an airline in your opinion?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 2:04 pm
GAC
Suspended

Originally Posted by DCGooner
Anyway, it's pretty clear that your basic argument is that this particular assault (punching someone in the face hard enough to draw blood) isn't a big enough deal to get banned from one particular airline, let alone get placed on the no-fly list. Or is it all assaults? What exactly would someone have to do to get permanently kicked off an airline in your opinion?
I'm not going to repeat again that I never said what you keep saying I said.

Besides the fact that you really don't need to punch anybody all that hard to draw blood but NO, I do not think this incident comes nowhere close to be on THE no fly list. In no other place in our society would such a drastic punishment be applied to such a assault.

What i think should have happened I already posted so anybody can misread that as well.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 3:08 pm

Programs: DL PM, Marriott Gold, Hertz PC, National Exec
Originally Posted by austin_res
That passenger should be required to pay the FA's medical bills and be placed on the no-fly-list.
DCGooner, it was austin_res who said the pax should be placed on the no-fly-list, not GAC.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:04 pm

Programs: American Airlines Platinum, National Executive
Wouldn't the flight attendant himself be able to sue the passenger for assault and battery?
Old Sep 17, 2013, 7:13 pm

Programs: None
Originally Posted by cestmoi123
DCGooner, it was austin_res who said the pax should be placed on the no-fly-list, not GAC.
And it was GAC who jumped to the conclusion that that meant the federal No Fly list. The same GAC that ignored my citing of the difference between that No Fly list and individual carrier's no fly lists.

I believe someone did say that the passenger in question should be banned from all carriers (acting separately but in concert - my reading of that post - but it wasn't DCGooner.

Jim
Old Sep 17, 2013, 8:24 pm
GAC
Suspended

Originally Posted by BoeingBoy
And it was GAC who jumped to the conclusion that that meant the federal No Fly list. The same GAC that ignored my citing of the difference between that No Fly list and individual carrier's no fly lists.

Jim
When somebody says THE NO FLY LIST we all know exactly what that means and no amount of pretzel twisting can change that. So, dismissed yes. Ignored, no.

Some read what they think others mean or what they want it to mean. Others read the actual words.
Old Sep 17, 2013, 9:38 pm

Programs: None
Anyone familiar with airlines knows that there's more than one no fly list. The reader chooses which one to focus on.

Jim
Old Sep 18, 2013, 8:51 am
GAC
Suspended

Anyone familiar with airlines knows that there's more than one no fly list. The reader chooses which one to focus on.

Jim
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=the+no+fly+list

Cheers!
Old Sep 18, 2013, 9:12 am

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
I agree.

Can bad in-flight behavior land you on the no-fly list?

Excerpt from above-linked article:

‘A lot of confusion’
Can disruptive onboard behavior — or even an innocent mistake with a gadget — plunk a passenger on the FBI’s official no-fly list?

“The primary answer,” Bresson said, “is no. The guy who’s had too much to drink and is causing problems or picking fights with people on the plane? That is not going to put you on the (federal) no-fly list. Now, it could get you on the airline’s (banned) list. That’s different.

“The airlines keep their own lists,” Bresson added. And those multiple no-fly lists create “a lot of confusion.”
Old Sep 18, 2013, 12:04 pm
GAC
Suspended

Originally Posted by kudzu
I agree.

That is not going to put you on the (federal) no-fly list. Now, it could get you on the airline’s (banned) list. That’s different.
I agree too!
Old Sep 19, 2013, 10:38 am

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by Zanotti
Maybe he tried to stop her from using the First Class bathroom?
Or asked if she wanted a chance at an EXCITING offer from US Airways and Barclays.

Sorry, to soon??
Old Sep 19, 2013, 11:56 am

Programs: AA EXP, HHonors Diamond, Nexus
Originally Posted by flight62
Or asked if she wanted a chance at an EXCITING offer from US Airways and Barclays.

Sorry, to soon??
But it's available for a limited time only, and only while in flight!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.