Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

Get a 100% bonus when you buy or gift miles (July 1-31, 2013 - May be targeted)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Get a 100% bonus when you buy or gift miles (July 1-31, 2013 - May be targeted)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2013, 10:43 pm

Do the recipients of gifts have to be over 12 days old too?
Old Jul 7, 2013, 1:09 am

Programs: HHonors Gold; Accor Plat; SQ/TG
Originally Posted by belfordrocks
Do the recipients of gifts have to be over 12 days old too?
Unless something has changed recently, no the recipients don't need to be older than 12 days to receive the bonus. The rules are that accounts must be over 12 days to buy/gift, and that any one account can't receive more than 50k bonus points for the promotion. Since the new account is only receiving and not buying, and it presumably hasn't received any bonus miles for this promo, then it's eligible to receive the full 50k bonus to a brand new account. Just make sure the account you're gifting from is targeted for the 100% bonus.

I used this angle to gift/share 100k miles to brand new accounts literally less than an hour after creation during the 100% buy/share promo last fall. It worked then and the wording hasn't changed so it should work now as well.
Old Jul 7, 2013, 2:11 am
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeAman 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by swampfox
It looks like they.ve pushed up the mileages. I usually buy miles to travel Envoy RDU-PHL-MAN for 30K in Feb. Cheapest award travel for next Feb is 50K....
They got rid of the low season envoy awards

FDW
Old Jul 7, 2013, 7:28 am

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Wife targeted. I wasn't.
Old Jul 21, 2013, 9:14 am

I've taken advantage of a couple of the 100% bonus offers in the past year and booked TATL Star Alliance partner awards in business class. I've been targeted for this one, and trying to decide if I should pull the trigger to have miles available in OW.

My most likely desired award travel would be on British Airways from Europe to the U.S. Will the cost in miles with US/OW miles be similar to the cost today for US/*A miles, i.e. 100,000 for a round trip TATL business class award ticket?

Any gut feelings on how easy these seats will be to find in future?

Alternately, I could imagine using the miles for intra-Europe travel (e.g. CPH-LHR) but I imagine that's not the best value.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.