Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Good F fares to HI from EC

Search this Thread

Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Good F fares to HI from EC

I'm not suggesting MRing, so I am not posting in that forum, since this is really about what might be of interest to US flyers with an interest in HI anyway, especially folks collecting PQMs....

Anyhow, in the late 1990s and early 2000s I was happy to be able to buy F tickets to HI in the $1600-$1700 range, but gradually they disappeared outside of occasional routings or fare wars. This week I have been noticing for this summer (restricted) F from EC (EWR, JFK, LGA, PHL, PIT) at $1775 where the restricted Y is typically $1000-$1100. Good deal given that even for US Preferreds you would have to burn 30,000 DMs (~$450 in my book) for the F upgrades PHX-HI-PHX, and these are not necessarily available in advance. Throw in, for the PQM conscious, an extra 5,000 PQMs from the F-purchase bonus. I grant that F in the 20th-century B757s is not much to write home about, but then neither is the Y alternative.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 11:47 am

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Nice find! Other than right around Christmas it looks like availability is WIDE open from now to EOS. I'm seeing fares from PIT for $1747. I probably won't take advantage of this myself, but this is a really good deal if someone is looking for flights to HI anyways.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:14 pm

Programs: UA 1P, CO Plat, MR Plat, SPG Plat, US Dirt
I don't know that I'd pay $1700 for a ride on the 757's from PHX.
Old Jun 28, 2013, 3:18 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, AA Gold, FB Gold, ITA Volare Executive
Originally Posted by USFreak
I don't know that I'd pay $1700 for a ride on the 757's from PHX.
Me neither. That is why I was emphasizing fares from East Coast.

But, yeah, in those earlier days I was connecting in MSP on NW in a spacious DC10 F cabin.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.