US Airways FA arrested at FCO (gun in the trolley) (merged threads)

Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
US Airways FA arrested at FCO (gun in the trolley) (merged threads)

US Airways FA that he was arrested at FCO yesterday. He's trying to bring a gun in the trolley. He's trying to sneak past at security. Unfortunately, he was fired from his job. It's unacceptable!

Here is the news (in italian):
http://www.ilmessaggero.it/roma/cron...e/296049.shtml

Fiumicino - He had a gun in his luggage. This is a hostess American about 60 years old was arrested yesterday by agents of the Border Police at the airport of Fiumicino. The hostess on duty yesterday morning on a U.S. Airways flight from Rome to Charlotte, was found in possession of a revolver, model 'Sig Sauer' .40-caliber, disassembled and placed inside the hand luggage in which were also scattered about forty hits, 5 of which have already exploded. One particular this specific investigation that has already activated also by agents of the Border Police coordinated by the leader of the V Zone Antonio Del Greek, because the hostess stayed in Rome in the days when the capital there has been a series of criminal offenses .
Old Jun 24, 2013, 12:48 pm

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; Android 4.2.2; Nexus 4 Build/JDQ39) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/27.0.1453.90 Mobile Safari/537.36)

I find it hard to believe this hasn't been posted yet, so if it has, please merge with my apologies.

http://www.lagazzettadelmezzogiorno.it/english/gun-toting-flight-attendant-nabbed-at-fiumicino-airport-no631014/
Old Jun 24, 2013, 2:37 pm

I'm totally speechless..... Can I say WT* here?

"The Gazetta reported that the [60-yrs-old] flight attendant had a .40-caliber Sig Sauer revolver, disassembled, in her carry-on. She was also reportedly carrying 40 rounds of ammunition, five of which had been fired."

Read more here: http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...#storylink=cpy

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/201...attendant.html
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: MR/SPG LT Titanium, AA LT PLT, UA SLV, Avis PreferredPlus
the flight attendant told authorities she brought the gun from the U.S
Polizia di Stato/Guardia di Finanza /Airport Security : 1
TSA/Homeland Security: nil
Old Jun 24, 2013, 3:19 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by CPRich
Best post of the day.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:31 pm

Location: The views I express here are not necessarily supported by any airline or codeshare partners, nor do I represent their views and/or opinions. They are my own OPINIONS dont like them dont read them.....
Originally Posted by CPRich
US Airways F/As can use Known Crew Member to enter the airport....
Old Jun 24, 2013, 4:36 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by cwe84
US Airways F/As can use Known Crew Member to enter the airport....
Correction then:

Air Line Pilots Association & TSA/Homeland Security: nil

(since ALPA is the primary sponsor of the Known Crew Member program)
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:08 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Originally Posted by bkafrick
Best post of the day.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:15 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by N830MH
Unfortunately, he was fired from his job. It's unacceptable!
Fortunately, he was fired. I don't want this guy as a FA on my flight....
Old Jun 24, 2013, 5:48 pm

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Fortunately, he was fired. I don't want this guy as a FA on my flight....
I thought it was a 60-yr-old woman? Or was is Sir Richard Branson dressing up again?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:16 pm

Programs: UA MM / LT Gold (LT UC), DL SM, AA PLT (AC), OZ, KE; GE and Korean SES (like GE); Marriott Gold
I don't know if it was a "he" or "she"; the Italian translation of "hostess" should have just said "FA".

Edit: now it seems that it was a female FA.

Last edited by relangford; Jun 26, 2013 at 12:54 am
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:13 pm

Programs: AA Platinum
Originally Posted by relangford
I think it was a "he"; the Italian translation of "hostess" should have said "FA".
The flight attendant was a woman ("la donna" with the initials "JJ" ) according to the Italian article linked to above, and she was noticed making strange movements ("strani movimenti) inside her bag.

Poco prima di sottoporsi alle ispezioni di rito, la donna, di cui si conoscono le iniziali J.J., stata vista compiere strani movimenti all'interno del suo bagaglio a mano.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:32 pm
Suspended

Programs: AA, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by Joanna2360
The flight attendant was a woman ("la donna" with the initials "JJ" ) according to the Italian article linked to above, and she was noticed making strange movements ("strani movimenti) inside her bag.

Poco prima di sottoporsi alle ispezioni di rito, la donna, di cui si conoscono le iniziali J.J., stata vista compiere strani movimenti all'interno del suo bagaglio a mano.
Yeah, there are quite a lot of syntax issues with the OP, plus it does refer to the FA as a he several times.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:09 pm

Programs: None
The OP is known by us old timers here. I believe he has some disability that makes it hard to express himself normally. So give him a break. He's well informed about aviation.

(he, himself, him are used generically)

Jim
Old Jun 24, 2013, 11:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by PainCorp
Yeah, there are quite a lot of syntax issues with the OP, plus it does refer to the FA as a he several times.
That's because the OP quoted a Google translation of the Italian news article (without attribution). Every US media source has said that the FA was female.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.