FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   US:(Video) Ignorant lady on FLL - CLT flight , wouldn't turn off cell NSFW: language (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1478909-us-video-ignorant-lady-fll-clt-flight-wouldnt-turn-off-cell-nsfw-language.html)

PcolaPaul Jun 24, 2013 9:25 am

US:(Video) Ignorant lady on FLL - CLT flight , wouldn't turn off cell NSFW: language

Shaking my head. People are so stubborn. They'd rather get arrested than listen to simple instructions and follow the rules.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=282_1372083270

miffSC Jun 24, 2013 9:54 am

Nice language, eh? How can some people be so ignorant about airline rules and compliance with FA requests???

And even worse that she acted that way in front of her son... shameful.

Lovethecabin Jun 24, 2013 9:57 am

Good lord, what is wrong with people. I only made it to the part where the flight attendant gets involved. She (the lady arrested) sounded like she was starting to become unhinged.

Unrelated but did you notice the lady with the pink and white pillow? Really? That flight probably wasn't more than an hour.

GNRMatt Jun 24, 2013 9:59 am

Here's someone who should be added to the "No Fly" list.

PcolaPaul Jun 24, 2013 10:18 am

Originally Posted by GNRMatt (Post 20979989)

agree!

N830MH Jun 24, 2013 11:02 am

Originally Posted by GNRMatt (Post 20979989)

I agree as well. She would deserved her banned flying from the airline for life. She didn't listening to the flight crew instruction. She refusal to turn it off the cell phone. She was arrested. It's unfortunate. She will never flying again. She was disrespect with her flight crew instructions.

bkafrick Jun 24, 2013 1:37 pm

Originally Posted by N830MH (Post 20980333)
I agree as well. She would deserved her banned flying from the airline for life. She didn't listening to the flight crew instruction. She refusal to turn it off the cell phone.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: give me a break.

Please, by a show of hands, tell me how many of you shut down your cell phone when the cockpit door is closed. No one sneaks in a few extra emails? Texts? etc.

I agree her attitude was ridiculous, and she needed to comply with law enforcement, but if this gets her on a no-fly list, then most of us belong on there as well.

wave goodbye Jun 24, 2013 1:41 pm

deleted

bkafrick Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by MariaP (Post 20981238)
This is a little beyond trying to sneak in one more text.

So you dont follow the flight crew's instructions then either?

tommyleo Jun 24, 2013 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 20981223)
:rolleyes::rolleyes: give me a break.

Please, by a show of hands, tell me how many of you shut down your cell phone when the cockpit door is closed. No one sneaks in a few extra emails? Texts? etc.

I agree her attitude was ridiculous, and she needed to comply with law enforcement, but if this gets her on a no-fly list, then most of us belong on there as well.

Show of hands: how many of you have been handcuffed on a plane and arrested?

Nah, didn't think so! ;)

bkafrick Jun 24, 2013 1:50 pm

Originally Posted by tommyleo (Post 20981272)
Show of hands: how many of you have been handcuffed on a plane and arrested?

Nah, didn't think so! ;)

Appreciate the humor. :cool:

Just think its an awfully slippery slope to start using a No-Fly list, which its primary purpose is as an anti-terrorist tool, for belligerent passengers...

wave goodbye Jun 24, 2013 2:11 pm

deleted

GNRMatt Jun 24, 2013 2:14 pm

Originally Posted by bkafrick (Post 20981283)
Appreciate the humor. :cool:

Just think its an awfully slippery slope to start using a No-Fly list, which its primary purpose is as an anti-terrorist tool, for belligerent passengers...

Someone who is acting belligerent, as this woman was, does not belong on a commercial aircraft. She is a danger to other passengers as she wasn't just defying a Flight Attendant, but also police officers. She was even given the option of just leaving the plane, but instead verbally assaulted people and resisted arrest. This has nothing to do with her cell phone use, but with her actions after she was asked to shut down her phone call.

We can agree to disagree, but as a frequent flier, this is a person I would never want on one of my flights and I'd have no issue with her being banned from flying US commercial airlines.

Brian716 Jun 24, 2013 2:35 pm

Ignorant fool. She sets a great example for her 2 year-old son.

cwe84 Jun 24, 2013 4:37 pm

Its an everyday battle....