Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines)
Reload this Page >

US:(Video) Ignorant lady on FLL - CLT flight , wouldn't turn off cell NSFW: language

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

US:(Video) Ignorant lady on FLL - CLT flight , wouldn't turn off cell NSFW: language

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:19 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HIltonHonors Diamond, KrisFlyer Silver, BW Diamond
I flew on 4 US Airways flights the same day. I saw blatant violations of the electronics "off rule" which were never challenged by the flight crew. 1) I hear loud music coming from one "electronic device" the entire flight: 2)the lady next to me was OCD, with a constant brushing of her hair, slamming back into the seat, pulling her cell phone out of her purse to send/check texts to put it back in to only pull it out 30 seconds later, repeat, repeat, repeat....3) the guy in front of me who constantly played Angry Birds the ENTIRE flight.

This was all within my arms reach! What might have gone on rows away??!! Please people, there are others on your flight. Sit down, shut up, put away the electronics and enjoy either QUIET or QUIET conversation with your companion/neighbor.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:33 pm

Programs: It's Complicated...
Originally Posted by MavSeven
It gets better.

I have it on a good source that the lady across the aisle who got up and left was the woman's mom.... an AA employee. Both were traveling as non-revs.
I disagree. It didn't get better it got worse....

I kinda assumed it was the persons mom by her actions. Like she had been in this situation before.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 7:37 pm

Programs: AA 1.6MM EXP; UA GS; SPG LTG,Hilton Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by bkafrick
give me a break.

Please, by a show of hands, tell me how many of you shut down your cell phone when the cockpit door is closed. No one sneaks in a few extra emails? Texts? etc.

I agree her attitude was ridiculous, and she needed to comply with law enforcement, but if this gets her on a no-fly list, then most of us belong on there as well.
Ummm, speak for yourself please. FWIW, no, I don't. Almost nothing is that important. Sneaking in a few extra emails? DWKWIA? Surely it's okay if I grant myself a little exemption...can't hurt anyone..
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:13 pm

Programs: AA EXP 1.0mm, not sure where I am with hotels these days
Originally Posted by GNRMatt
Someone who is acting belligerent, as this woman was, does not belong on a commercial aircraft. She is a danger to other passengers as she wasn't just defying a Flight Attendant, but also police officers. She was even given the option of just leaving the plane, but instead verbally assaulted people and resisted arrest. This has nothing to do with her cell phone use, but with her actions after she was asked to shut down her phone call.

We can agree to disagree, but as a frequent flier, this is a person I would never want on one of my flights and I'd have no issue with her being banned from flying US commercial airlines.
Did two guys come back from F to assist the officers in removing this idiot from the aircraft?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:18 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by GaryZ
Much todo about nothing... but having a drug-crazed person on board has to be a bit unsettling for normal folks...
How do you have any idea what drugs this woman may or may not have ingested?
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:21 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by wolfie52
Sit down, shut up, put away the electronics and enjoy either QUIET or QUIET conversation with your companion/neighbor.
Times have changed. People dont talk. Go out to dinner and look around at the dining room. Two people will be eating, and both will be texting away, and not talking to each other.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 8:51 pm

Times have changed. People dont talk. Go out to dinner and look around at the dining room. Two people will be eating, and both will be texting away, and not talking to each other.
Texting each other, no less:

"How's your steak?"

"OMG amazing! Desert?"

"4sure!"
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:24 pm

Programs: AA Gld HH SPG
Smile

Originally Posted by MariaP
I don't think anyone was suggesting she be on the no fly list for just not turning off her cell phone. But rather for not turning it off when specifically called on to do so and then acting belligerent and for not complying with the orders of numerous flight attendants and police officers and just not knowing how to comport herself in public in general.

You did see in the news report that she not only resisted arrest but also bit the officer in the process. This is a little beyond trying to sneak in one more text.
Rules are Rules w all stick by them to get the flight in the air. jail her. If she doesn't like that have a private jet. She likely thinks her cr@p doesn't stink.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:24 pm

Not funny, but so true
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:27 pm

Wink

Originally Posted by george 3
Did two guys come back from F to assist the officers in removing this idiot from the aircraft?
She is really an 1D10t.
Old Jun 24, 2013, 9:27 pm

Programs: AA EXP,LFP~3 MM; MarriottRewards, LFP; Avis 1st; Hertz Gold
give me a break.

Please, by a show of hands, tell me how many of you shut down your cell phone when the cockpit door is closed. No one sneaks in a few extra emails? Texts? etc.

I agree her attitude was ridiculous, and she needed to comply with law enforcement, but if this gets her on a no-fly list, then most of us belong on there as well.
It is one thing to wrap up a call and maybe put your PDA/Phone into "somnolence" mode (AKA "pretend Off mode").

But when I see A$$hats still talking into their phones like the request (and later demand) they shut it down AND when our pulling away from the gate is delayed I get pissed. When see if in 1st/Bus I get REALLY pissed b/c these people should know better.

My take: slow my down? Go downtown!

PS: howdy all! FF with 2.75 Million AA miles and EP status for the last 10 years (last year by fingernails). Pl for life and wondering what comes after...
Old Jun 24, 2013, 10:01 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K, Marriott Platinum, Frontier, Delta, Hertz Gold, National Emerald Club
Originally Posted by Indelaware
I for one always turn my phone off immediately upon boarding the aircraft (if not on the Jetway). I set the limit: it is the one place I can enjoy being disconnected -- no phone, no e-mail, no computer, just the joy of flight and the humor of being around fools who just don't get either the pleasure nor the basics of following the most simple of rules.
I'm glad someone here gets it. Nice to have that perspective, and it is a good one!

I personally find the cell phone conversations annoying on a plane, but I've had them too. The solice is that they end as soon as the cabin door closes.

As for other electronics, I think they will allow them because they don't harm anything, but for now, the rule is the rule and if the FA tells you to turn it off, BFD, turn it off. It is almost zero effort to hit a power button.

I hope they keep the cell phone conversation ban in place. Let's keep our sanity here in close quarters.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 12:25 am

Programs: DL DM/2MM, UA Gold/1MM, AS MVP 100K, AA Gold
Originally Posted by Lovethecabin
Unrelated but did you notice the lady with the pink and white pillow? Really? That flight probably wasn't more than an hour.
I thought that was the funniest part. That 40 minutes of quality sleep is priceless!
Old Jun 25, 2013, 1:41 am

Some people simply are that stupid.

A lady sitting two sits away told me that I couldn't sit in my seat cuz she was going to sleep on the flight from JFK TO LAX. Seriously? She wantedto take up all three seats. Clearly deranged. And her husband wanted to fight me. I said "go ahead" do wHat you like. FA saw the whole thing and gave them a clear warning. They didnt say a thing after that.

I did ask them where they were from. They were from Simi Valley, CA, i told them, didn't you people let those cops get off after beating up Rodney King? They were so mad, they wanted to kill me.

I saw them at baggage claim, and they finally saw big and tall I was standing up. I said "learn some manners" and told them where to get a cab. They didn't know whether to thank me or to hate me. At least until they were being yelled at by the airport official for smoking too close to the door.
Old Jun 25, 2013, 2:20 am

Programs: AY UA*G
Play time with the animals in cattle class

Originally Posted by george 3
Yes, I'm glad I'm not the only one who was a little concerned about that. I'm actually surprised the police allowed them to help. And no offense, I know some FAM's that are bigger guys, but I don't think those guys were FAM and any other off duty officers of any kind with today's cutbacks most likely shouldn't be in F, even on US. (and before people start ripping that apart, I'm pretty sure any badged officer would have identified themselves before manhandling a suspect during someone else's arrest)

Its one thing to protect yourself or someone around you on the plane, its a totally different thing to actively take part in an arrest so you can have a good story for your buddies.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.