Boarding Zones

Old Jun 14, 13, 11:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA Platinum, Marriott Silver, Fantasy Football Champ
Boarding Zones

Hello,

I am by no means the frequent traveler like most of you, so I am hoping to get some insight and maybe some advice on how to get better boarding. I fly USairways for all of my flights and have 24 segments so far this year. I check in for all of my flights right at the 24 hour mark and print my boarding passes. For some reason I am always in Zone 4. I understand I am not going to get Zone 1 or 2 but is there a way to get Zone 3? My most previous flight which was on 6-12 I flew from LAS to PIT with a connection in CHA. I paid $300 to upgrade to first class on the LAS-CHA flight as it was a redeye and wanted to sleep, but I still get Zone 4 on the CHA to PIT flight. I guess when I hit 30 segments I won't have to worry about it anymore, but I am still curious.

Thanks for the help.
Old Jun 14, 13, 12:13 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott LTP, Hertz President's Club
Before I got status I would pick seats towards the back of the aircraft and would get zone 3.

If you book in an exit row seat, exit row bulkheads (see on a few planes e.g. the Dash 8) are Zone 1, while exit rows with underseat storage are Zone 2. Exit seats are not the easiest to get without status, but I was often able to get them at check in.

Zones 3-5 are supposed to be back to front, although this has worked out oddly in my practice (before I had status).
Old Jun 14, 13, 3:01 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
You can get the US Airways CC for Zone 2 boarding.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: