Complimentary Upgrade to a Seat that Doesn't Exist??

Old Jun 5, 13, 6:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
Complimentary Upgrade to a Seat that Doesn't Exist??

Relatively new to the auto upgrades. As a Silver, I have received several that I enjoyed.

Friday June 7, I am flight 910 CLT-BWI. I was upgraded...YAY! To seat 4F. (Thats what the email shows.) I checked the flight to see if other F seats available. Imagine my surprise, when this flight only shows 3 rows in F on usairways.com. I confirmed this on seatguru.

When login to my reservation, it says I will be assigned a seat at the airport.

So, it appears to me, that I actually do not have a seat on this flight! F is completely full. I had a nice exit row seat.

What's my best move? Call US now and undo my upgrade. OR, just let them deal with the F upgrade Friday?
Old Jun 5, 13, 6:29 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
Relatively new to the auto upgrades. As a Silver, I have received several that I enjoyed.

Friday June 7, I am flight 910 CLT-BWI. I was upgraded...YAY! To seat 4F. (Thats what the email shows.) I checked the flight to see if other F seats available. Imagine my surprise, when this flight only shows 3 rows in F on usairways.com. I confirmed this on seatguru.

When login to my reservation, it says I will be assigned a seat at the airport.

So, it appears to me, that I actually do not have a seat on this flight! F is completely full. I had a nice exit row seat.

What's my best move? Call US now and undo my upgrade. OR, just let them deal with the F upgrade Friday?
I wonder if there was an equipment swap from an A321 to the current A320? The former has 4 rows of F while the latter has 3. I'm guessing you may be out of luck on the F seat. If there are still decent seats in Y, you might want to call up and get moved back.
Old Jun 5, 13, 6:31 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AA Plat, DL Plat, Marriott Plat, Priority Club Plat, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Avis CC, Hertz Plat
Call now. At least ask what is going on.

If there really are only 3 rows then you should get an explanation of what happened.

Sadly, if you coach seat is already taken I doubt they can get it back for you. That is why it is best to call now.
Old Jun 5, 13, 6:37 am
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Rewards Lifetime Titanium, Amex Plat, Hertz Gold 5*, National Exec, AA Plat
All exist rows are open, so I will call now and get it back.
Old Jun 5, 13, 6:41 am
Original Poster

Called to get back my row 11 seat. She put me in 1A. Apparently that was still open but showing as occupied. ^ Now showing 1A on my reservation.
Old Jun 5, 13, 6:43 am

Programs: Hilton Diamond
hooray for you.
I still get excited everytime I get an upgrade, although I LOVE the exit row aisle seat--to me its one of the best seats in any plane
Old Jun 5, 13, 6:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by nlkm9 View Post
hooray for you.
I still get excited everytime I get an upgrade, although I LOVE the exit row aisle seat--to me its one of the best seats in any plane
Me too. I always look for the ^.
Old Jun 5, 13, 7:54 am

Programs: US-CP, UA, Marriott Rewards, HHonors, Avis,
Originally Posted by Mr. Vker View Post
Called to get back my row 11 seat. She put me in 1A. Apparently that was still open but showing as occupied. ^ Now showing 1A on my reservation.
1A is generally reserved for handicapped customers, hence it can't be assigned in advance unless the agent bends the rules. It shows as occupied on usairways.com seat map but will show as blocked on Expert Flyer.
Old Jun 5, 13, 8:11 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by dcpatti View Post
1A is generally reserved for handicapped customers, hence it can't be assigned in advance unless the agent bends the rules. It shows as occupied on usairways.com seat map but will show as blocked on Expert Flyer.
Good to know. I offered to go back to 11 as I didn't think anything existed in F. She came back and said, "You are all set in 1A." I happily accepted.
Old Jun 5, 13, 10:20 am

Programs: US DM Gold, Hilton HHonors Gold, Emerald Club Executive
My TPA/DCA upgrade this morning had me at 5D in FC (with FC showing full).

When I checked in, it put me in 3A.

Search this Thread
Search Engine: