Changing the time of a flight

Old Jun 5, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: AA EXP ; Cunard Plat
Originally Posted by supraman215
... I realize I made a mistake and I'm just .....ing about my poor decision, but that doesn't help me feel any better about US Air, there was nothing they were willing to do.
Welcome to FlyerTalk, supraman215 ^

As much as I fly, I still make mistakes ... it's just human ... so you're not the only one!

The US phone agents have to play by the rules. OK, the Preferred phone line agents have sometimes deviated from the straight and narrow (in my favor), but I've never asked, and if it happens, then Joy ... if not, I simply pay up since the mistake was mine.

Hold off as long as you can, see if there's a schedule change for your itinerary. If there's one, even a small one, then use that as a lever to ask for the flights you want ... the phone agent doing the change has to justify waiving the change fee, and something like "Involuntary Schedule Change" would be sufficient justification.
Old Jun 5, 2013, 5:02 pm

Programs: US/AA-Platinum, Hilton-Diamond, Marriott-Gold, AVIS-Presidents Club, National-Executive Elite
Originally Posted by supraman215
I can go into a hardware store and buy something that costs as much as my ticket or even many times as much as my ticket come back and return it more than 30 days after I purchased it, even though their policy strictly states 30 day returns only. They will eat the cost on that item to gain the customer satisfaction.
See.... here's where your example goes wrong.

Can you go into a hardware store, and try to return an item that says, "CLEARANCE PRICE - FINAL SALE - NO RETURNS" and then try to return it? Nope.

You bought a FINAL SALE - NO RETURNS ticket.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.