Barclays $5 coffee card

Search this Thread

Old May 15, 2013, 10:32 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Executive Platinum, HH Diamond, National Executive
Barclays $5 coffee card

FYI. I got this email today:

Dear WiscAZ,

As a thank you for being a loyal US Airways Dividend Miles® MasterCard® customer, we want you to enjoy a cup of coffee on us. Just select your Dunkin' Donuts®, Panera Bread® or Starbucks® $5 gift card, and enjoy. But hurry, this offer ends June 30, 2013.

To choose your $5 gift card:
1. Click the "Select yours" button below or go to redeemyouraward.com to select your gift card.
2. Enter your unique Pin Number, XXXXXX, and select the gift card of your choice.
3. You will receive your gift card by mail in 4-6 weeks.

It's our way of saying thanks!
Old May 15, 2013, 11:25 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
I got the same email, but wasn't sure it was legitimate.
Old May 15, 2013, 11:27 pm

Barclays $5 coffee card

I'm not sure either...
Old May 15, 2013, 11:41 pm
Original Poster

I submitted it. All I had to give was basic contact information.
Old May 16, 2013, 3:20 am

Programs: AA EP
Barclays $5 coffee card

I did too. Didn't ask for anything but name, email, address and phone. Seems odd to fulfill via physical card vs. electronic.
Old May 16, 2013, 5:30 am

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I got it too. Gave my basic info. I never gave it a thought that it might be a scam. I really believe it is legit.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:05 pm

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
I got the same email...looked legit to me.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:14 pm

Programs: AA, AS
Got the email but the site was overloaded when I tried to redeem it.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:45 pm

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, AA EXP
I got the same email. I deleted it.

Could be legit, but jumping through hoops for $5 with even a 1% chance of fake is not worth it.
Old May 16, 2013, 1:55 pm
Original Poster

They already had my full name and e-mail address. It all seemed legit and all they asked for was a mailing address. Not sure what someone can do with already public information for the most part...
Old May 16, 2013, 5:30 pm

Programs: AA Executive Platinum; Hilton Diamond
I agree that the site was v.e.r.y...s.l.o.w to load but it finally did.
Old May 23, 2013, 5:18 pm

Programs: American Airlines Executive Platinum; HHonors Diamond;Emerald Club Executive Elite
So I was hesitant the first time around...but then received a new email today apologizing for the past technical issues. I took the bait so hopefully we're not being scammed.
Old May 23, 2013, 7:18 pm

Programs: American Executive Platinum, One World Emerald, IC Royal Ambassador
Originally Posted by chrisdenver1
So I was hesitant the first time around...but then received a new email today apologizing for the past technical issues. I took the bait so hopefully we're not being scammed.
Me too! I got the "I'm sorry" email today too and followed the links. I don't even remember getting the original so I'm not sure what happened. I just received a followup confirmation in my email saying my gift card would arrive in 4-6 weeks. I think this is is legit.
Old May 23, 2013, 7:47 pm

Programs: DM member since 1996, DM Gold, Marriott Gold
Wierd I got the first email and went thru the steps to get the free $5 card last week or so. Then I got a follow up email today that I still did not take advantage of this great deal. So tried to log back in thru the email and it errors out stating acces code has already been used. Hmmmm

Did Barclays just send everyone who got the first email a reminder about this offer or did the second email go to ony those who got the first email but have yet to use the access code.

You would think it would be #2 in this day and age but maybe Barclays is not to tech savvy.
Old May 24, 2013, 3:44 am

Programs: AA EXP: : SPG Plat; HH Gold
Received this email last night that referenced a link that didn't work in a previous email......

Dear xxxxxxxxx,

Oops! Have you ever tried to do something nice and have it not turn out as planned? We have!

You still deserve that cup of coffee on us, so if you had trouble logging on to the redemption site, please click the "Select yours" button below (it will work this time).

If you were already able to redeem, then you don't need to do anything else. Your $5 gift card is on its way.

To choose your $5 gift card:
1. Click the "Select yours" button below or go to redeemyouraward.com to select your gift card.
2. Enter your unique Pin Number, xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, and select the gift card of your choice.
3. You will receive your gift card by mail in 4-6 weeks.
We truly appreciate you as our customer. Enjoy your next cup of coffee on us. If you have any additional questions or concerns, please contact us by calling the phone number on the back of your card.

So, the question is, has anyone determined the validity? I did not receive the original email.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.