Search

How can I decipher my fare class?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:16 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
How can I decipher my fare class?

Hello all -

I've been researching this for a little while now and haven't been able to get a solid answer. I have read a lot about the difference fare classes and whether they earn 100%, 150%, 50% or 0% in terms of miles. However, I am not sure how to determine what fare class I am in.

From what I've gathered, my understanding is that my fare class equals the first letter of my confirmation code. So if my confirmation code is B9DXFN, my fare class is B.

Is this correct?

Thanks!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:21 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
I don't believe the confirmation code shows the fare class.

You can find it by looking at your reservation on usairways.com. When you are signed into your account, on the far right of any trips you have booked is a link that says "Details." Click on that, and expand your trip to view any/all segments you have booked on that trip. Under Cabin, it will tell you which class of service (Coach, First, etc), with a letter in parentheses. That letter is your fare class.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA Gold, HHonors Diamond, SPG Gold, Hyatt Platinum
jr57 - thanks for ths info. Never noticed it sitting there.
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:36 pm

Programs: UA Silver, Marriott Gold, Hilton Gold
Happy to help!
Old Apr 24, 2013, 12:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold, HH Diamond, National Emerald Executive, TSA Disparager Gold
US is pretty basic in what you'll earn on US metal.

Any valid coach fare: 100%
Any valid F/Envoy fare: 150%
Award ticket: 0%

It gets uglier on *A/partner flights where premium fares can range anywhere from 100-150% (some like 125%, 130%, etc) and there are reduced earnings on some coach flights. What matters there is the booking class with the operating airline, not what the codeshare fare bucket US shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.