FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Up to 100% bonus miles by shopping 22 Apr- 23 Jun (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1460595-up-100-bonus-miles-shopping-22-apr-23-jun.html)

travelkid Apr 22, 2013 9:17 am

Up to 100% bonus miles by shopping 22 Apr- 23 Jun

http://shopping.usairways.com/promot...21138_04222013

Terms & conditions:
Eligibility
Registration is required for this promotion. Registration begins on April 22, 2013 and ends on June 23, 2013. Only miles earned after registration and between April 22, 2013 and June 23, 2013 qualify (“Eligible Activity Date”). Eligible Activity Date is based on the date the qualifying partner records the mileage transaction, and not necessarily the date on which the transaction occurred.

General terms
All Dividend Miles terms and conditions apply. You must be subscribed to US Airways e-Statement, You must be subscribed to US Airways e-Statement or Earn More Miles emails in order to register for this promotion.If you are not currently subscribed, we will automatically subscribe you using the email address you provide when registering. You may opt out of these emails at any time. This promotion is not a game of chance, lottery or contest. It is open to all Dividend Miles members except where prohibited by local law. Members may only participate in this promotion with one Dividend Miles account. If a member is found to be participating with multiple Dividend Miles accounts ALL bonus miles earned from this promotion will be forfeited and removed from the member’s account. Miles do not count toward Dividend Miles Preferred status. US Airways is not responsible for the quality or delivery of goods and/or services provided by Dividend Miles partners. Participating partners and partner offers are subject to change without notice. This offer subject to change without notice. Offer excludes any partner sweepstakes offers.

Earning bonus miles
Bonus miles will be awarded to registered Dividend Miles members as a percentage of total miles earned from qualifying partners via a tiered structure. Tier structure is as follows:

Qualifying Activity 1 – 3 = 25% bonus miles
Qualifying Activity 4 – 6 = 50% bonus miles
Qualifying Activity 7 – 9 = 75% bonus miles
Qualifying Activity 10 – 12 = 100% bonus miles

Qualifying Dividend Miles StoreFront transactions must also meet a minimum purchase amount of $50.00 to be deemed an eligible transaction. Bonus miles are in addition to miles awarded by Dividend Miles partners. In order to earn a bonus, a valid Dividend Miles number must be provided to the qualifying partner. Use of a partner without earning Dividend Miles will not count as a bonus. To earn a bonus, Dividend Miles members must click on partner offers through the US Airways website or request Dividend Miles when making a purchase. Transactions must have an Eligible Activity Date between April 22, 2013 and June 23, 2013 to qualify for the bonus. DM Storefront miles will be posted within 10 weeks after promotion end date of June 23, 2013. All bonus miles will be posted on September 8, 2013 and will be awarded based on the Eligible Activity Date, not the date in which the transaction occurred.

Additional terms
US Airways assumes no responsibility for how qualifying partners count qualified transactions or record eligible activity dates; some partners record Eligible Activity Dates based on completion of the required activity (for example, delivery of the item purchased including delivery of flowers). You must check with the participating partner to confirm how the partner records Eligible Activity Dates and what counts as a qualified transaction. The last date that activity from a qualifying partner must be received by US Airways for bonus miles consideration is September 7, 2013, regardless of the Eligible Activity Date for such activity. Please note that some partner’s products and/or services are not available in all states.

Qualifying partners:
1800Flowers
FTD
FedEx
Teleflora
Vinesse
Wine Insiders
Dividend Miles StoreFront
SkyMall
DM Dining

thomwithanh Apr 22, 2013 1:56 pm

I really hope this is not their replacement for the Grand Slam promotion...

brettalb Apr 22, 2013 2:39 pm

I immediately thought this was a Grand Slam replacement promo... albeit 10x less exciting or lucrative than Grand Slam.

dangw20 Apr 22, 2013 10:57 pm

They didn't do the Grand Slam last year, do people think there's a chance they'll start doing it again this year?

As for the promo, if you do DM Dining it shouldn't be too hard to reach the 100% bonus. Though the way I read it only the first 12 qualifying transactions count, and after that there's no more bonus even if it's during the promo period.

jmsfla2002 Apr 23, 2013 5:45 am

This is definitively not as lucrative as Grand Slam but I haven't ruled it out. I often go to a couple of the DM dining establishments so that really isn't an out of pocket cost. Between those visits and a couple of $50+ purchases through the shopping mall portal, I could get to 9 transactions. If the Vinesse Wine Club link starts working, that would yield 10K miles for only about $50 out of pocket.

CubsGirl Apr 23, 2013 5:51 am

100% only on the last 3?

Does everyone else read this part to say that only the last three of 12 purchases would get 100%? (Unlike the 250% bonus that gave for all purchases once the threshold was met).

Bonus miles will be awarded to registered Dividend Miles members as a percentage of total miles earned from qualifying partners via a tiered structure. Tier structure is as follows:

tommyleo Apr 23, 2013 6:04 am

Originally Posted by CubsGirl (Post 20637636)
Does everyone else read this part to say that only the last three of 12 purchases would get 100%? (Unlike the 250% bonus that gave for all purchases once the threshold was met).

That's how I read it, too. It needs to be clarified.

Meanwhile, we need to figure out if there is a "Track It Back" type of deal to be had here...:D

travelkid Apr 23, 2013 6:45 am

Originally Posted by CubsGirl (Post 20637636)

My bolding. I interpret that to be the total, and the tier structure just to determine what bonus you will get on that total. But nothing with USDM is fully clear:confused:

tommyleo Apr 23, 2013 8:25 am

Originally Posted by travelkid (Post 20637852)
My bolding. I interpret that to be the total, and the tier structure just to determine what bonus you will get on that total. But nothing with USDM is fully clear:confused:

I just sent an email to USDM for clarification.

tommyleo Apr 23, 2013 8:44 am

"Qualifying Dividend Miles StoreFront transactions must also meet a minimum purchase amount of $50.00 to be deemed an eligible transaction."

Well, that rule will make it tougher to "enjoy" this promo, won't it? :td:

CubsGirl Apr 23, 2013 1:42 pm

The highest payouts on the Storefront are:

Webroot 30 miles/$
Conde Nast 15 miles/$
Discountmags.com 15 miles/$
Proactiv Solution 15 miles/$
Magazineline.com 12 miles/$
Magazines.com 12 miles/$
ValueMags.com 12 miles/$
Maui Jim 10 miles/$
NutriSystem 10 miles/$
The Wall Street Journal 10 miles/$

CubsGirl Apr 23, 2013 1:56 pm

Interestingly, I just got snail mail from my US Airways credit card: spend "more than $750" each of May, June and July and get a bonus 15,000 points. That's a nice combination, if I could make the bonuses under this work.

TomBrady Apr 23, 2013 2:35 pm

Originally Posted by CubsGirl (Post 20640487)
Interestingly, I just got snail mail from my US Airways credit card: spend "more than $750" each of May, June and July and get a bonus 15,000 points. That's a nice combination, if I could make the bonuses under this work.

Did you do something to recieve this?

CubsGirl Apr 23, 2013 5:43 pm

Originally Posted by TomBrady (Post 20640761)
Did you do something to recieve this?

No, came in something that looked like junk mail.

Vacation time Apr 23, 2013 6:45 pm

I am thinking the purchase numbers are for the period all together if you land between 1-3 for the time period you get 25% and if 10-12 you get 100 % on all purchase if you make that number of purchases. I am keeping my fingers crossed cause I will be able to do 12 transactions that will get me 100K miles for this. I can't wait till more verification comes out.