FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   Odd Upgrade Email (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1459726-odd-upgrade-email.html)

PBIGuy Apr 18, 2013 8:27 pm

Odd Upgrade Email

Booked a ticket on Monday for next Friday. Today at 11 AM I get the standard Upgrade Status email. Of course, no upgrades are processed, and it says "Too Early for Upgrade" beside each flight. Of course, because I'm gold and it's T-8....not even the CP window. I didn't change any flights or seats or anything since booking. Odd.

PHL Apr 18, 2013 9:26 pm

A few days ago I got an email 7 days out for a trip saying the same..and I'm Gold. Looks like a little programming bug.

This begs the question...is anyone getting successful upgrade notifications before their window?

dcpatti Apr 18, 2013 10:49 pm

If you bought a full Y fare and have elite status this will happen. That gets you upgrades outside your window if O or P fare bucket ha inventory, maybe someone goofed as it should just say "not available yet".

stimpy Apr 18, 2013 11:17 pm

I just got an first class upgrade email for a flight already booked in Envoy class. It says First Class confirmed. Yippee, um...

redtop43 Apr 19, 2013 7:28 am

My emails for this weekend came normally.

A little strange, on today's trip I got upgraded at T-3 for one leg and T-2 for the other.

For Monday's return, upgraded on one leg at T-3 and not the other even though it's showing F2, but that's not necessarily surprising. There's still hope. And the A319's aren't so bad if I can get 10A or 10F, which I pretty much always do.

thomwithanh Apr 19, 2013 8:18 am

Originally Posted by redtop43 (Post 20617550)
My emails for this weekend came normally.

A little strange, on today's trip I got upgraded at T-3 for one leg and T-2 for the other.

For Monday's return, upgraded on one leg at T-3 and not the other even though it's showing F2, but that's not necessarily surprising. There's still hope. And the A319's aren't so bad if I can get 10A or 10F, which I pretty much always do.

10A/10F are some of the best coach seats on any domestic carrier IMO...

FlightNurse Apr 19, 2013 10:52 am

Originally Posted by thomwithanh (Post 20617781)
10A/10F are some of the best coach seats on any domestic carrier IMO...

True, but for the BEST seats in Y on US a A321, Row 10, 22 and 23 A and F are the best seats...

Superguy Apr 19, 2013 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by stimpy (Post 20616335)
I just got an first class upgrade email for a flight already booked in Envoy class. It says First Class confirmed. Yippee, um...

I got one on a paid F ticket before ...

FSUSeminole007 Apr 20, 2013 8:12 am

I got this too, it gave me a confirmed upgrade for one flight, and said 'too early to upgrade' on another flight....confused....

Both flights were on the same day.

GrjApp Apr 22, 2013 6:47 pm

Odd lack of upgrade email!

So this morning I did not get the expected T-3 upgrade email. I checked my reservation and it now shows an F seat, so the upgrade went through, but no email. That's a little odd too! (But happy about the upgrade nonetheless!)

AlphaTango Apr 23, 2013 9:39 am

Originally Posted by GrjApp (Post 20635716)
So this morning I did not get the expected T-3 upgrade email. I checked my reservation and it now shows an F seat, so the upgrade went through, but no email. That's a little odd too! (But happy about the upgrade nonetheless!)

Same thing here. At T-8 got an email "too early for upgrades". At T-7 got "no upgrades available". At T-4, no email, but my TripTracker alerted me to the fact that I was now in 1F. Not complaining about the UG, but looks like IT have "fixed" something that was working (almost) perfectly for quite some time.