FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   US Airways | Dividend Miles (Pre-Consolidation with American Airlines) (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines-612/)
-   -   US Award Processing Fee Waiver question (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/us-airways-dividend-miles-pre-consolidation-american-airlines/1455486-us-award-processing-fee-waiver-question.html)

iwpingmu Apr 4, 2013 2:36 pm

US Award Processing Fee Waiver question

I call DM t book an international flight with US miles (LH, ad UA fight combination)

I have no US status but a US Master card and meet the spending requirement, under my US DM profile, it shows:

•5,000 mile savings on US Airways award travel
•Award processing fees waived

do I subject to have the $50 award processing fee waived for international travel?

When I ask US agent, she said award processing fee can only be waived for all US airways own flight, not for its partner flights.

any experience? thanks in advance

kudzu Apr 4, 2013 4:03 pm

Originally Posted by iwpingmu (Post 20537243)
...When I ask US agent, she said award processing fee can only be waived for all US airways own flight, not for its partner flights. ...

Agent appears to be correct. Online T&Cs for Barclays US MasterCard ... (emphasis mine)

Dividend Miles Select Eligibility Criteria: The Primary Cardmember is eligible to receive the 5,000 Miles Award Discount when each of the following conditions have been met: ........... (f) your award ticket(s) are booked for either a roundtrip or open-jaw itinerary solely on flight segments operated by US Airways and/or US Airways Express (“Eligible Award Tickets”). ..........

Preferred Miles and Award Processing Fee Waiver (for Premier World & World Elite Cardmembers with $89 Annual Fee only): When a Cardmember spends at least $25,000 or greater in new Net Purchases (which are not later credited back or rescinded) (“Purchase Requirement”) within each calendar year, a total of 10,000 of those miles will be converted from base miles to Preferred miles 4 to 8 weeks after the purchase requirement has been met. You can only qualify for maximum of 10,000 Preferred Miles per year through this credit card program. Beginning 10 business days after the Purchase Requirement has been met and for 12 months thereafter, the US Airways Award Processing Fee will be waived provided the customer meets the Dividend Miles Select Eligibly Criteria above. The Award Processing Fee Waiver applies only to the Processing Fees listed below and is not a waiver of (i) any government or regulatory agency taxes, fees and surcharges, (ii) or any other US Airways fees including quick ticketing fees, paper ticketing fees, change/redeposit fees and fees for tickets that are not booked on-line. The Award Processing Fees waived are: $25 per domestic ticket; $35 per Mexico or Caribbean ticket; $50 per Hawaii or international ticket.

mintcilantro Oct 21, 2013 2:37 pm

I just found the same thing.. I put 25k on the card hoping to get a waiver of fees. But it was only allowed on US air flights